prologue.

august 1, 2022

UCONN'S HIGHLY ANTICIPATED
PAIGE BUECKERS TORE HER ACL—
EXPECTED TO NOW MISS THE WHOLE SEASON.
by: munira louison

The highschool women's graduating class of 2020's #1 recruit has just torn her Acl, now expected to be out for yet another season. Uconn's phenomenon has yet to play a healthy season since her freshman year and we send prayers for her recovery. Although this is heartbreaking news her team is looking bright, hopefully they're able to hold the fort down for the 2022-23 season.

Let's take a look at the other teams—

Mckayla Powers closes the Uconn news app, uninterested in the rest and sends it to her little sister— basically Paige's biggest fan.

KAE 😝😂😍🙌
ur fav is out again

THEA 🤍
fuck you fuck you fuck you
UGH WHYY

KAE 😝😂😍🙌
you can visit and ask her urself

THEA 🤍
not funny.
you know i would love to be at Uconn rn.

KAE 😝😂😍🙌
too bad too sad
how's the pre season workouts coming along

THEA 🤍
honestly it's a breeze
hoping i stay the #3 recruit this season 🙏

KAE 😝😂😍🙌
or go higher. you have the potential to be top of your class

THEA 🤍
one could dream
i gtg the train is here but i miss you kae

KAE 😝😂😍🙌
miss you more thea

MCKAYLA WAS SICK of her roommate forgetting her keys because for the third time this week the bell to their door rang once again. She loved the Summers girl, with all her heart and forever grateful that she was the one sleeping in the bed behind her wall— but the girl was far too forgetful for her own good.

"Lizzie, I'm going to kill you! Full on murder you if you forget your keys again!" Mckayla's voice travelled ahead of her as she made her way to the door.

But when Mckayla opened the door she was taken back. The taller girl in front of her looked more gorgeous than ever. 

"Hey," the blonde said nervously. It took a second for Mckayla to even look at her in the eyes, the eyes that always seemed to radiate guilt. Her fingers were fidgeting with one another and her long straight hair was in a low pony tail, a headband holding her fly always. "I miss you."

"We can't do this," was all Mckayla could make out to her ex-girlfriend. Not again. Not over and over. As much as the brunette wanted to jump into the girl's strong arms and forgive her, she couldn't. She had to choose herself.

"Please Kae." God even the way she said her name made her want to say yes and forget the last few months. The situation between Valentina Bast and Mckayla Powers was could've been written off as overly complicated but really it was easily described as toxic. They'd fallen into a pattern, over and over someone would get mad and they would resent one another, but when the weekend hit the person they longed for the most was eachother. The best Mckayla could do for herself and for Valentina was deny the idea of ever getting back together.

"Val, I love you. But this isn't good, we can't keep doing this. You can't pick and choose when you want me and when you want some random girl on the fucking swim team. It's not fair to me." Mckayla can feel her best friend's words knitted within her own. She'd made a promise to not get back with the Bast girl this time, and she didn't plan on breaking it.

But the blonde didn't accept it, she couldn't. The girl scrunched her eyebrows together, choosing an offensive defense instead of apologizing. "Well it's not fair to me either, you knew exactly what you were doing with that guy! You've got to admit it Kae. We're meant for eachother, after everything we've been through."

"For the last fucking time there wasn't anything going on with him! I don't even talk to him now!"

"Yeah same with Amaiya but I'm the villain here!"

Mckayla couldn't help but find her eyes water. She couldn't find her words for a response, but within that there was her answer. Her words were Valentina's and always hers, she'd practically owned them. At the end of the day, the blonde was the one she longed for during sleepless nights.

"I'm sorry. I didn't come here to yell. I came here because I love you," the blonde would proceed to take a step closer and Mckayla didn't find herself moving away. Valentina carefully, as if she'd break Mckayla's fragile soul, slipped her cold hands into hers. Even though the girl had spent the whole day inside her hands were just as cold. And in a way it felt like they were warming each other up. "You're the one for me Mckayla."

The girl stood still as the blonde wrapped her arms around her, she just let the tears escape as she crumbled into her former lover. "Yeah."

Was this how it was supposed to be? Did love have better things planned for her? Someone that'd love her better than the Bast girl?

Maybe this was it.

Maybe it'll be different this time.

BECCAS NOTES 📬 !guys why does this remind me of me and my ex

BECCAS NOTES 📬 !
guys why does this remind me of me and my ex.
never take them back guys 🙏🙏 (pls take me back...)

my wife— i mean paige next chapter 🙌🙌🔥🔥😛😛

don't forget to vote & comment gang!!!

(5/11/24)