Chapter Four

|Looming Shadows|

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

She wasn't following Lady Catelyn. She just so happened to show up in the spot Araelia went to every morning and evening to gather her thoughts. The sea was calming, and the air heavy with humidity.

"Lady Stark" Araelia greeted her "I see you've found my favorite thinking spot"

"Oh" Catelyn wiped her eyes "I'm sorry, I had not see you come"

"It is quite alright, I don't mind sharing my space to those who need it" she chuckles at her own words "though, I suppose it does not truly belong to me"

Lady Catelyn manages a small smile "We've met before, haven't we?"

"We have" Araelia rocks on her heels "I believe it was your brother Edmures eighteenth name day celebration"

Lady Stark looked at her a moment, her eyebrows furrowed; thinking "Araelia" she says her name "I knew I recognized that name"

"It was so long ago, I do not fault you for forgetting"

The both of them turn back to the sea, taking in the salty air "you have come far haven't you?" Lady Catelyn finally speaks.

Araelia turns to her a second, taking in her face, trying to decipher the feelings hidden beneath it "I suppose I have"

"Only sixteen and on a King's Counsel" Lady Stark laughs to herself "you remind me of my son Robb" she sighs.

Araelia can feel a sadness leaking from Lady Catelyn over to her "you know, I think about your family almost everyday" she admits "I don't know why, I've always been so fascinated with the presence of the Stark family. once I met you I fell into your loving ways. It was only a few days, and I know it seems strange, but I still think about it. About your family"

Lady Stark is looking at her strangely now, eyes taking over her body trying to figure out why Araelia has said this.

"You must think I'm crazy" Araelia laughs and looks to the ground.

"No" Lady Catelyn puts a hand on her shoulder "i think it is very sweet"

Araelia gives her a soft smile "I never would have thought I'd end up here, in a battle camp" She gestures to the field filled with tents and banners.

Lady Catelyn let out a sigh, pulling her hands back to her side "I understand...I was not made for war, yet I've lived through two"

"Life's fully of little irony's such as those"

"Yes, yes it is"

"What is it like in Winterfell?" Araelia's intrusive thoughts took over, it was just so easy to talk to lady Catelyn "I've always wondered. I assumed you would have the best insight, seeing as you are originally from the south, as I am"

"Well..." Araelia could tell this question made Lady Stark slightly uncomfortable "it is very cold" she laughed "but...there is a sense of beauty in it all, the falling snows, the brisk night air...how my children would come cuddle up besides me in my furs to get warm"

Araelia could see the longing on the grieving mother's face. She felt terrible for Lady Stark, one son crippled, husband murdered, both daughters taken captive and now her eldest son fighting at war "Lady Stark..." Araelia put her hand on Catelyns arm softly "I know you don't know me all that well but...I promise you I will do everything in my power to help your family"

Catelyn looked up confused "why? Renly is your king, not my son"

"You're right. but no matter whose side I'm on, I will always help those in need. You may not want my help, but I vow I will never betray you. I will help you get your daughters back, I will help end this war so you can go back to your family" She takes a deep breath, her chest filled with the hot feeling of determination "I will make sure Robb wins this war, and I will make sure the north gets its vengeance for the wrongful murder of your lord husband"