figure

A young boy ran towards kaveh with posters in his hands. He seemed like he wasn't even looking where he went, only to crash into the blonde as they both fell to the ground, the posters in his hands scattering around. Kaveh managed to save the grocery bags, although he can't guarantee the things inside are okay. Kaveh was taken aback by the sudden crash. Alhaitham looked back as he saw two of them sitting on the floor now. He sighed
"How clumsy are you?" He spoke. Of course he was talking to kaveh, but the boy seemed to misunderstand who he referred to.
A poster fell on boys head soon after. Kaveh gave a death stare at Alhaitham, then looked at the boy with worry and lifted up the poster, ignoring alhaithams comment. For now.

"Are you okay?" He asked
"Huh?" The boy looked at kaveh, with a hint of shock. A small blush appeared on his face
"O-oh- I'm sorry! Are you hurt? Sorry I should've paid attention to my surroundings.."
Kaveh chuckled a little
"It's okay, don't say sorry. I'm alright. Ah- here, let me help you gather these" he said as he started to gather the posters.
The boy panicked a little, quickly helping kaveh gather them too "sir, you don't have to!-" he rambled on.
Alhaitham sighed, approaching the grocery bags that was now on the ground. Kaveh said he'll help, yet he did the opposite. He picked them all up with ease, then turning his head towards kaveh "are you done? I don't want to wait around for you" he said
"Give me a second! Don't run off" kaveh warned as the boy and him finished gathering all the things.
The boy apologised a hundred times.
"It's fine, really."
"Still! Oh, uhmm.. would you like to have this?" The boy said handing kaveh one poster.
"Hm? What's this..?"
"There's an event that will happen in the grand Bazaar! Nilou will be performing on stage, and even more surprises! Oh, and drinks are free too"
Nilou..that name sounded familiar to kaveh. Alhaitham didn't really seemed interested in it, but after hearing the 'free drinks' kaveh was definitely interested.
"Sounds great. Who exactly is this nilou..?"
"Huh?! You don't know!? It's nilou, the best dancer in sumeru, plus the youngest among all" the boy explained, hint of excitement in his voice
"Nilou.." kaveh mumbled "oh! She's that dancer.. I heard some of my friends talking about her."
"She's amazing!" The boy said with admiration.
Kaveh looked down on the poster in his hand, thinking if he should even consider going. Well, he did want to see nilous performance. People say it's mesmerizing. But he also had to get a commission soon to earn money ...
Oh
The event was at least a few weeks later.
Of course that doesn't mean he can attend, but maybe if he had the time.
He looked beside him to alhaitham-
Wait
Where is he?
He looked around, but alhaitham was nowhere to be seen
"Where did he disappear..?" He said clearly confused. Did he really just leave him here!?
"Sir, will you join? I can give you the poster" the boy spoke, making Kaveh's eyes dart over to him
"Oh, uh..I'll definitely attend if something doesn't come up"
"Great. See you then" the boy walked off. Now he was all alone, not even knowing the way back properly. He sighed. How can this guy be so...
Well, careless?
How will he find his way, that's the question. It's not like he can ask anyone. No way. He can't even imagine being like "hello, do you know where the current scribe of the akademiya lives?" That's just hilarious. People would look at him weirdly, not to mention no one probably doesn't even know where he lives.
With another deep sigh he left the grand Bazaar. He just has to rely on his memory.

Meanwhile...

Yes, alhaitham did leave. He wasn't lying when he said he didn't wanna wait around. He knew Damn well kaveh didn't know the way, but he just brushed it off being like 'eh... he'll live' and just went back home. When he did, he placed the groceries on the counter as he got them out and placed them where they belonged. Alhaitham was normally good at gathering his thoughts and eventually finding an answer to all his questions, but one question still remained. Why exactly did he allow kaveh of all people, to live with him?
Maybe it came off as a simple question. It was simply because he felt bad for the man, helping out an old friend. Right? He wouldn't have done it if it was any other person though. But thinking back on it, if he left kaveh alone in that tavern, drowning his sorrows with wine..what would happen?
Maybe good, or bad things. Was it the right choice to offer him a place to stay, considering it's his own house? Yes. His grandmother once said; "you might regret your choices one day, but looking back, maybe it was the best choice out of all the options you decided in that moment."