Regret

Black was everything Cyclops could see. He was falling into an endless abyss, flashes of memories, so painful.

He remembered everything. Hope, the Phoenix's return to Earth, and the fight against the Avengers. Most of all, Professor Xavier. His teacher, who he killed while under the influence of the Phoenix. In horror, he mentally cry out, telling himself that it's not true. He was desperate, no, his fellow X-men were desperate to protect mutants like themselves from a world that feared and hated them because of their gifts.

Personally, he wished the Avengers had not gotten involved, yet stubborn as always they intervened, making things difficult for the future of all mutants. He blamed them for making life hard for mutants, blamed the anti-mutant activists for many deaths and miseries that happened if they hadn't had common sense. They don't care if normal people cared about mutants, they were seen as traitors, making him clench his fists.

His thoughts were interrupted by low voices.

"Cyclops"

"Scott! Scott, answer me"

"Cyclops"

"Wake up"

"Can you hear us?"

He let out a gasp. He found himself surrounded by Emma, Magik, Colossus, Storm, Beast, Iceman, Kitty, and Magneto inside the medic bay of the X-men mansion.

He groaned, "What happened?"

Everyone tensed, and gave expressions of concern and grief.

Magneto sighed, "You passed out when the Phoenix left your body"

Scott became shocked, before asking, "Where's the professor?"

Everyone looked away with sadness, Storm and Kitty teared up, while Beast clenched his fist in anger.

"He's in a coma," Beast answered.

"What? How?" Scott asked, feeling anxious.

Beast glared at him with disappointment, "You nearly killed him when you're under the Phoenix's control"

Scott's heart sank. "w-What? No, it can't be. That's not true!"

"You did. The professor tries to stop you, all of us, try to stop you, Emma, Magik, Colossus, and Namor, to save you from the Phoenix" Beast yelled with such anger, scaring Kitty and Iceman.

"But instead, the Phoenix, being too powerful, made you kill him. You're lucky, Spider-man and the Fantastic Four were able to save his life, and Hope took your place as the Phoenix's host. You should be ashamed of yourself, especially you, Emma, Illyana, and Pitor" Beast yelled again, with anger.

Emma, Illyana and Pitor looked away from the x-men, feeling ashamed of themselves.

Beast sighed, walking away, "What would Jean think of you being controlled by the very creature possessing the man she loved?" Scott flinched at the mention of his wife.

Magneto walked away with Kitty behind. Iceman was about to say something, but go against it, and leave.

Storm turned to them, "I'm sorry, you four didn't know the Phoenix would come back after six years, when it took over Jean".

"It's fine, we made a mistake, and we're paying for it" Emma said, sadly.

Storm nodded, before leaving the room to give them time to think.

Pitor and Illyana were silenced for hours, Pitor clenched his fists in shame and walked out of the room. Illyana watched her brother leave, and looked to Scott and Emma.

"I'll be going, I need to make things right with my brother" Ilyana said, as she walked out of the room, leaving the pair to drown in their shame, sorrow, and regret.

______________________________________________

Meanwhile in Southern New York, a woman with long flowing white hair and yellow eyes watches everything through a psychic eye. She foresaw the events, the fallout between the Avengers and the X-men, and the vanishment of the Phoenix force.

"So the Phoenix is gone?" She asked.

She smirked with fangs, "perfect"

"Now there will be no one to get in my way of reshaping this ugly world" She broke the glowing eye, as it shattered, making her palm bleed.