The next morning at breakfast I receive a letter from Mum.

𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒂,

𝑰'𝒎 𝒈𝒍𝒂𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒕𝒐 𝒂 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕. 𝑹𝒆𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓, 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝑺𝒂𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓, 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒏𝒐𝒕. 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒂𝒖𝒏𝒕 𝑩𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒙 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑹𝒐𝒅𝒐𝒍𝒑𝒉𝒖𝒔 𝑳𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑫𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒐'𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒅𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔.

𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒗𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒚𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒐𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒍 𝑾𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒓, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒃 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒔.

𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝑵𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒂.

 That explains why there's so little talk of our godparents, since they're both in Azkaban. I don't know why I feel a certain sadness knowing that my godparents are them, since it was to be expected. Who else would my parents have chosen? Rabastan and Marta, Stella's parents, might be another option, but they're not so different from Aunt Bella and Rodolphus... Deep down I wish my godparents could have been Aunt Andy and her husband Edward, but I know that would be impossible. I wonder if things had been different, would Andromeda have been my godmother? It kind of makes sense, Mum's older sister being Draco's godmother and the middle one being mine...

Halloween is here. I can't deny that I'm envious of the third-year students (like my brother) who can go to Hogsmeade for the weekend. I spend Saturday afternoon finishing the remaining homework, and then, together with a few people from my year like Stella, Ginny, and Luna, we sit outside by the Black Lake.

When dinner time comes round, I frown when Theo approaches the Gryffindor table carrying something in a bag. I notice a few people looking at him, curious, it's not every day that you see someone a Slytherin purposely approach the Gryffindor table to talk to one of us (well, apart from Emma, of course).

"What's that?" I ask, pointing to the bag Theodore is carrying. 

He smiles before handing me the bag. "A few things from Hogsmeade." 

He chuckles. "Of course, I had to make up for the fact that my best friend couldn't come with me to Hogsmeade. But to tell you the truth, there are several things in the bag that your brother bought for you..."

I'm grateful that Draco has been so kind (who knew?). "Who knew that little Draco had such a soft heart?" I turn to the Slytherin table to find my brother's gaze already on me, smiling shyly. I smile back, silently thanking him for the gesture. 

Shortly afterwards, the feast is served and the ghosts give a performance. When dinner is over, I'm excited to go back to my dormitory with my friends and get a better look at what my brother has bought for me. We walk to Gryffindor Tower, but near the entrance we see a commotion of other Gryffindor students.