Chapter 1: Haikara Hiroba Family Feud

Inkopolis Plaza, the trendiest hangout spot ever established by inklingkind. Out of all the fun activilties, one sport that everyone seemed to enjoy was Turf War, and out of everyone to contended, only one inkling reigned supreme as the best of the best, his name is Torvald Kenryoku, better known as Tord, and to a small few: Agent 3.

No one knew it, but he was to thank for the return of the stolen Great Zapfish which powered the city. The only ones who knew was his best friend Scarlet and the two most popular idols of Inkopolis, the duo pop stars Callie and Marie. Callie and Marie togeather made up the idol group: The Squid Sister. Together the two idols hosted the news station which announced events throughout Inkopolis, one of them being Splatfest, a festival which inklings came together to pick one of two teams based of a theme sent to them by the great Kamis above.

"Has the Splatfest been announced yet?" Scarlet asked her friend as she met him in the plaza with some take out, she offered him a bite, but he put his hand up in decline as the jumbo screen began to broadcast.

"Hold on to your tentacles..." Callie said on the screen.

"It's Inkopolis News Time." Marie finished.

"Before we announce the stages, some special news. We've received news from...on High!"

"Sounds like a Splatfest, What's the theme??"

"Just a moment, the theme is descending as we speak." Just then, the Theme appeared on the screen behind the duo. A picture of the Squid Sisters themselves!

"I knew this day would come..." Callie said.

"A Splatfest to end all Splatfest." Marie remarked.

"So, which team are you lovelies picking? The fastest, winniest squid of them all-"

"Or the only Squid sister that isn't boring!" Marie interrupted. Callie looked at Marie offended, but acted as if she brushed it off. "Well now, we're gonna have to let the people decide who is the best."

"Alright, alright." Callie replied. "All of you, the poll is now open, go pick which team you think is the freshest! And now the current stages."

"Callie vs Marie, that's an easy pick." Scarlet commented, Tord nodded. "It's pretty obvious, Team Callie will win this one easy!" Tord shook his head. "What, you really think Marie is going to win? Callie just has so much more energy with her then Marie."

"Indeed." Tord nearly whispered. "But there is one thing Marie has over Callie."

"And what's that?" Scarlet asked. Tord then walked away to the poll and voted. 

"She has what I have." 

"And what is it that you have?" Scarlet asked as she voted for Callie. 

Tord smirked. "Come beat me in battle and I'll tell you."

As the sun set, Splatfest began. Inklings from all over came to support their favorite idol. The plaza was illumined in Pink and Green. Scarlet arrived as she saw a familiar inkling enter the tower. She raced at him as she joined a random team. 

Scarlet played many different matches, winning, losing, but overall having fun as she searched for Tord.

"Hi there!" A girl said to Scarlet, wearing a Power Mask, Callie tee, and strange boots she's never seen before.

"Uhm, hi?" Scarlet replied.

"I see you're on team Callie too! You wanna team up?"

"Sure, uhm... I'm Scarlet What's your name?" Scarlet asked.

"Kira! Kira Shuon!" The girl squeaked.

"Nice to meet you, Kira." Scarlet replied as the next match started. They were grouped with two other inklings as the opponents appeared.

"There you are Scarlet; I was wondering when we'd cross paths." Tord stepped forward with confidence. Everyone felt intimidated, except Scarlet and Kira. "Well..." Tord revealed his E-Liter 4K, "Come at me."