Chapter 19

Hero/Heroine by Boys Like Girls---------------------------->

Wedding n. 1: A marriage ceremony, considered as including the associated celebrations. 2: The event Ashleigh just wants to be over.

“I now pronounce you, Anthony Boomer, and you, Christina Scott,” the priest finally said, “husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.”

Everyone whooped and cheered as Mr. Boomer, my new step-father, kissed my mother.

My whole English class was there except for Sam. I hadn’t seen him for 2 weeks other than in school. It was safe to say that we were broken up.

‘Stop making everything about you,’ I told myself, ‘It’s your mom’s day.’

Smiling, I trailed behind my mother and Mr. Boomer as they left the church.

“Think of all the boxes in your house that’s going to be dealt with after all of this.” Hollis whispered in my ear. He had been one of Mr. Boomer’s groomsmen.

“Shut up.” I groaned, thinking of all the boxes we had to transport to Mr. Boomer’s house. We were moving out of the house I’d lived in for 16 years.

Tickling my back, Hollis steered me out of the church into the town car in front of my mom and Mr. Boomer’s limo.

I laid my head on Hollis’ shoulder and yawned, “Time to party!”

He only sent me a funny look.

Once we reached the hall where the reception was to be held we got out, ready for the fun.

*  *  *

I had already danced with Tanya, Joshua, Nick Harris and L.B. Snipes. At that moment, I was dancing with Hollis, but my mind was legions away on Sam thanks to all the champagne flutes I had consumed. Maybe that’s why I didn’t notice when Hollis had left and someone else had filled his space.

“Leigh,” my head snapped up so quickly, I could swear I heard a crack. It was Sam.

“When did you get here?” I asked voice suddenly hoarse.

“I just got here.” He stated. Sam looked put together in his tux. The only thing off was his expression; it was one of regret.

“Leigh, I’m sorry. I can swear to you that she kissed me first, but that’s no excuse. I should’ve stopped it right then and there, hell I shouldn’t have even let her in my house.

“I regret it so much, and I really wish I could take it back.”

Sam took a deep breath, “Will you please forgive me Leigh?”

Sam’s blue eyes stared at me, a lost puppy look on his face as I was still silent.

It was then that the song changed.

“It’s too late baby, there’s no turning around.”

The song was Hero/Heroine by Boys Like Girls.

I listened to the words as we swayed in circles, while Sam stared at me.

“Do you promise to be my hero, and never break my heart again?” I asked, “I feel like a hero, and you’re my heroine.”

“I can be your hero, but I can’t promise to never break your heart again. I can only promise to try.”

Making a split decision, I blurted, “Yes,” then proceeded to mesh my lips with his. That was what felt off for those past two weeks; his absence.

“I love you,” Sam said as he pulled back.

No hesitation as I breathed, “I love you too,” I kissed him again.

Everything was far from perfect, but it was also pretty darn close to it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's finished. Finito. Finally!!!

Like seriously, I love Boys Like Girls and I'm soooo proud of myself and well, my thanks and acknowledgements will be next, so yeah.

~Rebecca :)