First-year - Hogwarts Letter

"Dad said you have to eat."

The small hand touched the black head of the Niffer trying to feed him some cut apple, but the Niffer's sick face made her feel so bad that she just looked at the small creature with pity.

"Just a piece" She whispered feeling like the worst veterinary ever when her dad told her to look after him while he was feeding another one. Maybe the Niffer felt bad about her sad face that opened its mouth and tried to ingest it.

"He ate it" The sweet girl shouted at her father happily, but he was inside the house cooking dinner or trying to cook.

I hope he doesn't burn it again.

You could think that being a single father for 11 years could make him learn already. Except it wasn't like that, he continued making inedible food that she always pretended to eat like it was made by the world's best chef ever. Still, he tried so hard that she didn't have the heart to tell him it was burned, or disgusted even if he knew it already and was trying to get better but he wasn't good at it.

She continued feeding the small animal until some steps were heard coming to her.

"You are just like your dad" Uncle Theseus in his expensive and stylish suit looked at the child kneeling on the grass with a serious face trying not to smile about it.

"Is that a compliment or a criticism?" Her smile was adorable and full of innocence "Either way thanks."

"More of an observation" he chuckled kneeling and carrying her like she was some toddler "Lunch is ready."

"I'm not 5".

Theseus was the type of uncle with a poker face, he wasn't mean or anything like that rather a man who kept his emotions inside but a very lovely person who spoiled her for being his only niece.

"Well, for me you'll always be my baby niece to spoil to bits" It was like he was talking to an actual toddler instead of an 11-year-old preteen.

She can't help but blush but doesn't say anything "Did you or Dad cook?" she asked with an awkward smile expecting he was the one in the kitchen since her stomach was not in the mood for questionable food from the Magizoologist Newt Scamander.

"Your dad cooked," The oldest Scamander said with the face of a tortured man, Newt being the disaster he is in the kitchen, he looked at her with a "Let's hope he doesn't poison us" face.

"Do you have to work?" Sometimes, she couldn't see him that much, he was a respectable Auror for the British Ministry of Magic and spent 70% of his time at work which made her miss him.

"Afraid so, I am investigating an international case," he said calmly, adjusting his tie and putting on the coat.

Both could see Newt sitting on the couch feeding a baby Leucrotta with a milk bottle.

The house was like a small zoo, full of magical creatures. If you go to the bathroom, you will find three or four, in the backyard? 5 big ones, her room? 2 or 3 small ones she steals because they are cute.

Theseus was still not used to it so seeing the baby but BIG Leucrotta in the living room made him not ask more questions and left.

How on earth Newt and Theseus Scamander were brothers? No idea, they were like water and oil. So different from each other and that includes their job. Her uncle spends 24/7 with other human beings, and her dad 24/7 with his creatures.

So strange but amusing at the same time.

"Hi Dad" She sat at the table in front of the weird-looking food "The Niffer ate a piece of apple" She was proud of herself for feeding the sick animal "Can I be a Magizoologist now?"