LN♥|Lando Win Special

"I don't kiss strangers"

I sat at the dimly lit bar, swirling the ice cubes in my glass. I couldn't help but feel a twinge of disappointment. My date was late, or worse, a no-show. I glanced at my phone for the umpteenth time, but there were no new messages. Maybe he got caught up in traffic, or perhaps he had forgotten our plans altogether. Whatever the reason, I was left alone, nursing my drink and trying to ignore the sinking feeling in my chest.

The bartender, a handsome man with a charming smile, noticed my despondent expression as he wiped down the counter nearby. "Rough night?" he asked, his voice low and soothing.

I forced a smile and shrugged, not wanting to burden a stranger with my problems. "Just waiting for someone who doesn't seem to be coming," I admitted, my voice tinged with frustration.

He nodded sympathetically before disappearing momentarily, only to return with a fresh cocktail in hand. "Here you go," he said, sliding the drink across the counter to me.

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "I didn't order this," I protested, glancing down at the vibrant concoction in front of me.

The bartender leaned in closer, his breath warm against my ear. "It's from a secret admirer," he whispered, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

My heart skipped a beat at his words, the thrill of mystery momentarily overshadowing my disappointment. I scanned the room, searching for any familiar faces or potential suitors, but the bar was filled with strangers, lost in their own conversations and laughter.

Unable to pinpoint the sender of the drink, I turned back to the bartender with a puzzled expression. "Are you sure it's for me?" I asked hesitantly, wondering if it was some sort of mistake.

He chuckled softly, his gaze lingering on me with a hint of intrigue. "Positive," he confirmed, his voice low and husky. "And I have a feeling whoever sent it has been eyeing you all night."

A flush of warmth spread across my cheeks at his words, a mixture of excitement and nervousness bubbling within me. Could it be that someone here found me attractive? The thought sent a thrill down my spine, igniting a spark of curiosity.

With a newfound confidence, I picked up the cocktail and took a tentative sip, the fruity flavors exploding on my tongue. As I savored the taste, I let my gaze wander around the room once more, searching for any lingering glances or hidden admirers.

And then, I saw him.

A man sitting at the far end of the bar, his eyes locked on mine with an intensity that made my pulse quicken. He was ruggedly handsome, with tousled hair and a stubbled jawline that hinted at a hint of danger. And as our eyes met across the crowded room, I felt a magnetic pull between us, drawing me closer to him with each passing moment.

Could he be the one who sent the drink? The thought sent a shiver of anticipation down my spine as I watched him rise from his seat, a confident smirk playing on his lips.

Without hesitation, he made his way towards me, his gaze never leaving mine as he closed the distance between us.

"Hi there," he greeted, his voice smooth and velvety. "I'm Lando. Mind if I join you?"

I returned his smile, feeling a rush of excitement at the prospect of his company. "Not at all," I replied, gesturing to the empty stool beside me. "I'm delighted to have some company."

Lando settled onto the stool with an easy grace, his gaze never leaving mine as he leaned in closer. "So,risking sounding too cliché, what's a beautiful woman like you doing all alone in a place like this?" he asked, his tone playful yet genuinely curious.