FictionalFantasies

Q: There are several stories that you've written. Of them, which is your favorite?

A: I love my Zodiac series and Pisces is my favorite because I got so much feedback for it during its heyday on Tumblr. It went viral and helped my blog reach 1 million views.

Q: When did you start writing?

A: I've been writing since I was a kid. Always got good grades in English. Started writing fan fiction in high school and despite a few hiatuses, I'm still going even now. I've been writing under the FictionalFantasies name for 15 years now. Wow.

Q: Do you plan out your stories?

A: Very broadly. Like with my Zodiac series, each Zodiac has a different character representing them, different traits, situations, etc. But when I write, I just dive right in. I free-write mostly but make sure I have an idea of where I want the chapter to go.

Q: Is there something you hope readers will take away from your stories?

A: I hope I inspire other writers to write. I hope my readers can see my work as refreshing, modern, relatable and different from anything else they've read.

About the Author

My father passed away in March so I am taking a break from writing right now. I hope that this time I'm taking will give new readers time to explore my work! I'm currently revising my Zodiac Series. The first editions are on my tumblr. Newer editions are on Wattpad. I also have other stories on my Tumblr besides my Zodiac series.

http://fictionalfantasies.tumblr.com/

I also just started a Patreon and I am going to be cross-posting there as well and posting bonus content for my Zodiac Series, including a YouTube series. So besides reading, you can also WATCH as well, which I'm really excited about. I would love to see my work make it to other mediums, such as film or TV, and this is my way of doing that without big industry connections lol.

https://www.patreon.com/FictionalFantasies

https://www.youtube.com/@FictionalFantasies

About the Story

Adena Capricorn has it all at 23 - or so she thinks. When a lipstick smudge makes her world come crashing down, how will she handle this situation? Find out in Capricorn, book 1 of the Zodiac Series!

Q: What do you like most about Adena?

A: I based Adena on my favorite singer, Aaliyah, who tragically passed away in 2001. She inspired the whole series and Adena is my first character to come from it. I am very proud of her and she's in a way, how I still honor one of my IRL fallen heroes. I love Adena's personality and that she's a "Capricorn to a T." She's strong, knows what she wants (and what she doesn't want), and goes for it.

Q: What is your favorite scene in the story?

A: My favorite scene is the ending, actually. It shows how far Adena has come and her life is a complete 180 from how the book starts. I also love the scenes with her and her two best friends, Missy and Kimberly.

Q: Where did the inspiration to write about the zodiac come from?

A: I've always loved astrology and I am a proud Aquarian, myself. I was listening to Aaliyah and I was reading a Zodiac book and it detailed how different each sign is. I thought to myself if I were to write a story about a Capricorn I would use Aaliyah, who was a Capricorn in real life. Then I thought to myself, each sign should have its own character, its own story. The 2nd book, Aquarius, uses Alicia Keys, another favorite singer of mine and a real-life Aquariuan. We actually have the same birthday. This series has been years in the making ever since lol. I'm determined to finish it one day lol.