[000] 𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

ₒcₜₒbₑᵣ ₃₁ₛₜ ₁₉₈₁.  ₕₐₗₗₒwₑₑₙ.  Gₒdᵣᵢc'ₛ ₕₒₗₗₒw.

James and Lily Potter sat by the fireplace, James enveloping his wife in a loving embrace while Lily rested her head upon her husband's shoulder.

"One cycle of the sun and three turns of the moon," James shared tenderly with a glimmer of adoration in his eyes.

Perplexed, Lily inquired, "What do you mean, love?"

"Harry and Lizzy, they have both aged to one year and three months," James replied lovingly as he gazed at his wife. A smile danced upon Lily's lips, finding amusement in her husband's whimsical musings.

She nestled closer into his warm embrace and sighed deeply, "They will have to grow up so fast" James wordlessly nodded, caressing the fiery tresses of his beloved's hair.

Together, they admired their cherished twins. Harry bore a striking resemblance to his father, with his unruly jet-black mane and a radiant smile, while his mother's deep emerald eyes found a home within his gaze. In contrast, Elizabeth possessed her own unique features: silky chocolate brown locks that cascaded about her head, and doe-like dark blue eyes that mirrored the depths of the ocean. She certainly inherited her mother's delicate facial features, from her adorable button nose to her scattering of freckles and her pouty plump lips, all accompanied by an affectionate and endearing smile. A shared glance and exchanged smiles conveyed the depth of love Lily and James held for their children and for one another.

The tranquility of the moment shattered as Harry's shrill cry pierced the air, causing the couple to immediately spring into action, their concern focused solely upon their beloved offspring. Flames! The vibrant yellow carpet became adorned with flickering crimson tongues, gracefully twirling and curling their way across the once peaceful surface. Instead of extinguishing the fire, Lily, comprehending the situation, hurriedly rushed to Elizabeth, who had been seated perilously close to the conflagration. Her hair ablazed in fiery red hues and flames dancing in her eyes.

Lily gently placed her hand upon her daughter's head and tenderly spoke, "Lizzy, haven't we talked about this?"

In response, Elizabeth's fiery tresses slowly transitioned to their usual shade of brown, her eyes returning to their natural hue, while the flames upon the carpet demurely receded, leaving no trace of their presence.

"She shall emerge as a formidable sorceress," James proclaimed proudly, a triumphant smirk gracing his face. Lily's expression turned serious, a touch of concern etching itself into her features. "James, we cannot allow her powers to be exposed. She must learn to control them. If she does not, she will be in grave danger."

Offering a reassuring embrace, James responded, "I am certain she will, my love." He then entreated, "Please, bring the children upstairs. It is nearly bedtime." Lily nodded in agreement, offering a fond smile before making her way to attend to their precious twins.

Within the Potter household, a soft and melodic lullaby resonated gently, originating from the captivating voice of Lily. The room was imbued with tranquility, the twins nearly succumbing to slumber.

Suddenly, the front door crashed open, accompanied by an icy gust that sent shivers rippling through Lily's being. "It is him! He has found us! He is here!" Lily instantly comprehended the gravity of her husband's words.

Voldemort.

He had discovered them. He aimed to end their lives, to snuff out the existence of their precious twins.