Entwined Hearts

A little longer this time. Honestly I don't know what to think of this one, it was just an idea and I had a lot of help from AI writing this out, so it's not really my work. By the others I also had help from AI of course, but only a little so yeah. ( I can't help myself with one shots, AI is so easy.)

TW: Angst, fighting, panic attack. (I know nothing about panic attacks, I hope it's correct.)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Regulus Black stormed through the dimly lit corridors of Hogwarts, his thoughts a chaotic whirlwind. His mind was consumed by the events of the past few weeks, each encounter with James Potter leaving him more unsettled than the last. James, with his disarming smile and effortless charm, had become the bane of Regulus's existence. Every interaction with him was a dance of barbed words and hidden glances, a game Regulus was determined to win but never could.

As he rounded a corner, he nearly collided with the very source of his turmoil. James leaned casually against the wall, a mischievous grin playing at the corners of his lips. "Well, well, if it isn't Regulus Black," James drawled, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Regulus's eyes narrowed. "What do you want, Potter?" he snapped, his tone as icy as the dungeons they stood in.

James shrugged, a glint of amusement in his eyes. "Just passing through, Black. No need to get your wand in a twist."

Regulus bristled at the flippant response. "You think you're so clever, don't you? Always playing the hero, swooping in to save the day."

James's grin widened, his gaze never wavering from Regulus's. "Someone's got to do it, Black. And clearly, you're not up to the task."

Regulus's blood boiled, his anger reaching a fever pitch. Without thinking, he lunged at James, his fists flying. But James was quick, dodging each blow with an infuriating ease. Their fight was a blur of movement and noise, the air crackling with tension. Insults were hurled and curses spat, but beneath it all, something else simmered—a tension neither could ignore.

In a sudden, impulsive move, James grabbed Regulus by the shoulders, pulling him into a fierce, unexpected kiss. For a moment, Regulus was stunned, his mind reeling. But then, he surrendered to the kiss, pouring all his confusion and longing into it. When they finally broke apart, both were breathless, their eyes locked in a silent battle of wills.

"What was that?" Regulus whispered, his voice barely audible.

James's grin was softer now, almost tender. "Just a taste of what could be," he murmured, his voice low and husky. And with that, he walked away, leaving Regulus standing in the dim corridor, his heart pounding and his mind racing.

Regulus stood alone in the Slytherin common room, the fire casting flickering shadows on the walls. He couldn't shake the memory of James's kiss, the way it had made him feel—alive, electric. He had always been so careful, so controlled, but James had a way of breaking through his defenses.

Lost in thought, he didn't hear the door open until it was too late. James was there, his presence filling the room with an intensity that took Regulus's breath away. "Regulus," James said softly, his voice tinged with regret. "We need to talk."

Regulus turned to face him, his eyes flashing with defiance. "What is it, Potter?" he snapped, though his voice lacked its usual venom.

James sighed, running a hand through his tousled hair. "I'm sorry for earlier. I shouldn't have kissed you like that."

Regulus scoffed, his heart twisting with a mix of emotions. "And what, you think an apology is going to fix everything?"

James stepped closer, his gaze unwavering. "No, but it's a start. I know I've been an ass, but...I can't stop thinking about you, Regulus."

Regulus felt his anger waver, the sincerity in James's eyes cutting through his defenses. "You don't know anything about me, Potter," he said, though his voice was softer now, almost vulnerable.

James took another step closer, closing the distance between them. "Then let me get to know you," he said quietly. "No masks, no games. Just us."

Regulus looked into James's eyes, seeing the earnestness there, the desire for something real. Slowly, he nodded. "Alright," he whispered. "But this doesn't mean I trust you."

James smiled, a genuine, warm smile that made Regulus's heart skip a beat. "I'll earn your trust, Regulus. I promise."

***

Days turned into weeks, and their tentative truce blossomed into something more. They met in secret, away from prying eyes and judgmental stares. Each stolen moment was charged with a tension that neither could deny. Their arguments became fewer, replaced by lingering glances and touches that spoke volumes.

One evening, as they sat together in a hidden alcove, James reached out and took Regulus's hand. "I've been thinking," he said, his thumb tracing gentle circles on Regulus's skin. "About us."

Regulus's heart quickened, his breath catching in his throat. "And?" he asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

James looked at him, his eyes filled with a mixture of determination and vulnerability. "I want you to move in with me," he said softly. "We can figure this out together. No more hiding."

Regulus felt a surge of fear and hope. "But what about Sirius?" he asked, his voice trembling.

James squeezed his hand, his gaze unwavering. "He'll understand. He loves you, Regulus. And so do I."

Tears welled in Regulus's eyes, and he blinked them away, not wanting to show his vulnerability. "You really mean that?" he whispered.

James nodded, his expression earnest. "Every word."

Regulus took a deep breath, his heart swelling with a mixture of fear and hope. "Alright, James. I'll move in with you."

***

The next day, they faced Sirius together. As James explained their relationship, Sirius's expression shifted from shock to anger. "With him?" he spat, his voice filled with hurt. "After everything?"

Regulus felt panic rise within him, his breath quickening. "Sirius, please," he gasped, struggling to stay calm.

But before he could say more, Sirius's expression softened, concern replacing anger. "Reg, are you okay?" he asked, his voice filled with worry.

Regulus shook his head, his breath coming in short, ragged gasps. "I-I'm fine," he managed to choke out, but Sirius could see through the facade.

Without hesitation, Sirius pulled Regulus into a tight embrace, holding him close. "It's okay, Reg," he murmured. "I've got you. Everything's going to be alright."

As Regulus clung to his brother, the panic slowly receded, replaced by a sense of relief. "I'm sorry," he whispered, his voice trembling. "I didn't want to hurt you."

Sirius shook his head, his eyes filled with regret. "It's not your fault, Reg. We'll get through this together."

He glanced at James, nodding slightly. "You better take care of him, Potter."

James met his gaze with a determined look. "I will. I promise."

***

That night, as they lay together in bed, Regulus nestled against James's chest, the events of the day still fresh in his mind. "Do you think this will work?" he asked softly, his voice filled with uncertainty.

James pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead. "I do," he said quietly. "As long as we're together, we can face anything."

Regulus smiled, a sense of peace settling over him. "I believe you," he whispered.

As they lay there, wrapped in each other's arms, the world outside seemed to fade away. In that moment, nothing else mattered but the love they shared and the promise of a future together. And for the first time in a long while, Regulus felt a spark of hope, knowing that with James by his side, he could face whatever challenges lay ahead.