☁︎ 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

☁︎

126 AC

The day of her wedding finally came. Isolde stood in front of the mirror as she flattened her dress. Her mother had a dress made for her that was white but had a lining of her house colors, which were white and red—fitting for marriage to a Targaryen Prince.

Celia had put her cloak on her that held her family's sigil. "It will be fine, Celia." She said as the door opened and a guard stepped in. "They are expecting you, my lady." A guard told her as she nodded. Neither of her parents had come to see as they wanted it to surprise them.

She walked through the corridors with a smile, knowing her new home well. The door was wide open, and she smiled as she turned the corner and saw everyone here to see her.

She glanced at where her family stood and smiled, seeing the proud look on her parent's faces. As she reached the end, she finally looked toward Aegon, who held a smug expression.

They stared at each other as the Septon began to speak, "You may now cloak the bride and bring her under your protection." Aegon took the cloak from one of the servants behind him.

She smiled as he walked behind her, took the cloak from her shoulders, and gave it to one of the maids behind her. She felt the cold wind of the cloak being put on her and looked down at her feet as Aegon walked back to stand before her.

She held her hand out as she looked up at her soon-to-be husband, and Aegon followed the motion with a smirk, making her smile. "We stand here in the sight of gods and men to witness the union of man and wife: one flesh, one heart, one soul, now and forever."

The Septon took the ribbon from another septon and wrapped it around their hands. She squeezed his hand as his smirk fell into a smile. "Let it be known that Aegon of House Targaryen and Isolde of House Celtiger are one heart, one flesh, one soul. Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder."

"In the sight of the Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity. Look upon one another and say the words." the Septom said, making Isolde look Aegon in the eyes as she tightened her grip on his hand.

"Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger..."Aegon and Isolde speak in unison as they look into each other's eyes. Both held a smile and bright eyes.

"I am hers, and she is mine. From this day, until the end of my days," Aegon speaks as he tightens his grip on her hand, making her nod.

Isolde looked from their hands and released her grip as she spoke, "I am his, and he is mine. From this day, until the end of my days." Though her grip had loosened, his had not made her smirk, and it was one he shared.

"With this kiss, I pledge my love," Aegon says as he begins to lean for a kiss. She stopped him short as she leaned forward, giving him a quick kiss, and the crowd before them began to cheer. "Now a feast!" He whispered to her, making her smile.

Soon after, the throne room became a feast as the new couple conversed beside each other. Alicent had noticed her son had only three cups of wine since he had sat. She looked to Isolde, who was profoundly conversing with her now husband.

She did not know where this was to lead them, but she hoped it would not harm them. She looked to Isolde's parents, who watched the two fondly more than she could.

-