Kuya Xavi almost successfully swayed me with his words. I was on the verge of confessing and confiding in him. However, since I was determined to move on and forget the feelings I had for Keno, it was better left unsaid.

Bukod kay Faith, wala na akong ibang pagsasabihan. No one else would know that these feelings once existed... No one else would find out that I was once attracted to or... in love with Keno.

"Then that's a pity, Kuya... Hindi ko pa gusto ang napili ninyo," I said and grinned. "For now, I'm happy with Nikko's company. He's a wonderful date, and I want to get to know him more."

"Is that really what you want?" he asked.

"Yes, Kuya. Don't worry. I know what I'm doing."

Tumango-tango si Kuya Xavi. "If that's the case, then, I guess, there's really no problem with Keno being your bodyguard," sabi niya at agad napakunot ang noo ko.

What does he mean by that?

"He's our friend, Hari. We've known each other for years," he said. "I hope you understand na siya lang ang pinagkakatiwalaan namin ngayon ni Knoa. I personally asked and hired him to protect you. And as long as I don't see any reason to fire him, he'll stay with you."

I forced a smile at Kuya Xavi. We proceeded to wrap up our productive meeting. He wanted to eat a late lunch with me, but he still had a virtual meeting scheduled. Parang hindi siya nauubusan ng gagawin. He was really pushing himself.

Pagkalabas ko ay agad na tumayo si Joseph upang salubungin ako. He sported a playful grin, then pointed his lips in a certain direction. My eyes immediately followed, seeing Cess and Keno talking in the open pantry.

I was proud of myself for maintaining a neutral expression, even with the feeling of my heart wrenching inside. Humigpit ang hawak ko sa handle ng aking shoulder bag bago bumitiw at huminga nang malalim.

"I bought an extra tub of cookies for you dahil nagustuhan mo. Sakto may stock pa si Cess kaya inakyat niya agad at kahit huwag mo na raw bayaran. Hindi ko nasabing nandito ang ex niya, pero mukhang okay naman pala?" kwento ni Joseph.

"I'll go and greet Cess and thank her for the cookies," sabi ko, and I didn't know where I got the guts to face the two of them together.

Taas noo akong naglakad papalapit sa kanila. Nakasunod naman sa akin si Joseph. Bago pa man mapansin ni Keno o Cess ang pagdating ko, I wore the sweetest smile I could give at that moment.

Pansin ko ang bahagyang paglayo ni Keno kay Cess, ngunit nakita kong may hawak siyang tub ng cookies. Halos umirap ako. Good thing I managed to stop myself. I kept a smile on my face and faced Cess, who looked really flustered to see me.

"Good afternoon, Ma'am!" Cess greeted and smiled. Pansin kong medyo nanginginig pa ang mga labi niya.

Is she scared of me? Nervous? Intimidated?

"Hi!" I greeted back, all smiles. "I heard from Joseph na nilibre mo raw 'yung cookies na dapat ibibigay niya sa akin. I just wanna say thank you."

"Naku! No problem po, Ma'am. I'm happy na nagustuhan ninyo 'yung binake kong cookies," sabi niya.

"Of course! My bodyguard seems to like it so much too," makahulugan kong sabi. Sinulyapan ko si Keno at nakakunot ang kanyang noo habang nakatingin sa akin.

Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay. Bakit hindi ba totoo? You don't like my cookies that much because you like hers more!

Cess blushed right away after hearing that. It was obvious how Keno could still affect her. Talaga bang ayaw niyang magkabalikan silang dalawa o mahal pa rin niya pero naduduwag lang siya?