Book Review: Twisted Lies

(Cover of the book I read is provided above since I believe the author has another version <3)

Title of Book: Twisted Lies (Book Four of Four)

Author(s): Ana Huang

Pages: 551

Language: English

Category: Romance

Series: Twisted Series

ISBN: 978-1-7282-7489-8

Description/About: The word "love" is a foreign language to Christian Harper. It might as well not be in the dictionary or be represented as a vocabulary word in his eyes. Even though Harper does not believe in love, he still cannot identify the feeling in his stomach and chest when he is around Stella Alonso. Since the move out of Jules, Stella has bargained with Harper to keep the income low, allowing her to call Mirage home. However, as she turns the corner he seems to be there; at events, meetings, lobby, parking lot. His dangerous glares send fire through Stella's core; ignoring the igniting in the pit of her stomach, keeping it professional. But when Stella loses her job, she is faced with a possible debt and homeless crisis. Christian Harper, who throws contracts left and right, makes a proposition. To gain more followers on Stella's Instagram (possibly boosting profits), he pretends to be her boyfriend; and in return, she accompanies him to events and fundraisers. Things become comfortable, they almost act like a real couple. But when Stella finds a disturbing note from her former stalker, her heart skips a beat to the individual returning after two years. In panic, she finds Harper is the only reassurance. Once the move was official, the fire turned wild, causing her world to ignite in his presence. As calm and collected as Harper is, he has a hard time calming his desire and craves her atmosphere. Everything goes according to plan, until Stella finds the secret Harper was keeping. Her unknown stalker was not the only thing to worry about anymore. Caught in a dangerous situation, it's unclear if Harper will ever get her back, and claim her under him again.

Rating: 4/5

Age Range (how appropriate): 18+

Purchased at: Target

Pricing: $14+

My Reaction: I have very many and mixed emotions with this book. About the whole series (which I will do another part on). Knowing what was based on the other books, it was obvious Stella and Christian were the last characters to live happily ever after. When reading "Twisted Love" I had thought Alex Volvok was obsessive and controlling, but nothing compares to how Christian Harper is in "Twisted Lies". I do not want to spoil or ruin anything, but he definitely has serial killer vibes, and it is obvious by the way Stella analyzes him in the beginning. Even though he has those vibes, he honestly is one of the most caring characters. The book itself does not get full stars because of the ending, I get what everyone is complaining about. It was very, very rushed and honestly Ana Haung should have made a fifth book to complete their lives as a whole. I understand the book was already over 500 pages, the most out of all the series, but it kinda left me with an emptiness. A wtf moment, excuse me. She was so careful (other than some of the second book) on taking her time and letting us get to know the characters, but it was almost like it was a cliffhanger for her other books. Which don't fully include these characters but background characters. I'm not hating, cause there is so much about the book and the series that I, and everyone else, fell in love with; but I feel there were flaws and the continuation of these characters goes on forever. But every book will have a flaw that someone does not like, so my opinion won't be the same as others. One another note! "Twisted Lies" holds a love and hate relationship in my heart because there is so much that was explained from the previous books, but also some things that were left out. I think the relationship between the two main characters is...... unique. Frustrating? Maybe. For me personally, I liked the relationship in the end, when they get the happy ending, but the before just didn't hit well. Christian Harper was charming at times but also creepy and I do not see why Stella would have continued to retreat to him. Safety net, trust, cluelessness, naiveness and closure maybe. But all in all, it wasn't the best book. If I had to read it again, I don't think I would, for the sole purpose of it just wasn't one of my favorites. It was still a good book, but I wouldn't go through the roller coaster again.

Warning: For anyone who reads the book, I would definitely not read it in front of younger viewers because the sex scenes are very intimate.

Tags: #fyp #books #bookreview #twistedseries #twistedlies #bookrecommendations #anahaung #bookdetails #goodbooks #romancebooks

I will be reviewing and going more into dept with the Twisted series in another part for those interested. I also take requestes for those wanting me to read and review works. Thank you, have a great day!