'I've got something for you'.

'Y/n wake up...WAKE UP!!' Astoria yelled in right in my ear. I sat straight up my heart racing.
'What the hell Astoria?!? What is it..' I asked, rubbing my eyes. I could tell something was up because her usually neat and straight hair was a tangled mess.

'The alarm clock..I magicked it to go off at 7 am, but I must have mumbled or something because..well..oh I'm sorry y/n but it's 8:30!.'
I practically summer saluted off of the bed before she has even finished the sentence. Class starts at 9 and I'm not even fully dressed yet. I'm putting in my mascara while brushing my teeth when Astoria shoves me aside to do her hair.
'I'm sorry y/n but I just HAVE to do my hair. Your breath smells fine cmon I'll give u a mint if you're self conscious'.
I sigh and use my wand to put on the rest of my makeup and automatically straighten my hair. I couldn't be bothered to do a hairstyle.

'Shit the time' I say to myself. 9:15 it says. Crap.
'Astoria we need to go right now we are so late'. I say exasperated as I put my jumper over my head and fasten my cloak.
'I'm coming, I'm coming' said a muffled voice in reply.
My stomach gurgled so I took a bite of a musli bar on the the way out the door, but I barely have time to swallow. I stub my toe on the bottom of the spiral staircase and swear loudly as I limp towards the painting.

We both sprinted down the hallway, our black shoulder bags bumping against our legs. Thankfully we didn't have to run far as it was just muggle studies round the corner.
We burst into the classroom panting and red faced. Astoria began to explain.

'Please sir we are so sorry please forgive us-.'
I joined in.
'The alarm you see- we didn't intend-.'
The kind eyed teacher looked at us, honestly just finding it humorous. 'It's quite alright girls just sit down and copy down the notes from the person next to you. Just take care not to do it again.' We opened our mouths to say sorry but he just indicates to the desks wanting us to sit down.

I scan the room quickly, looking for a place to sit and my eyes land on Draco playing with his pen. Astoria instantly knows what I'm about to do and just sits beside Hermionie Granger, some girl from Gryffindor.

Draco smirked at me as I sat down, finding the whole thing hilarious. 'You look like a tomato y/n'. He whispers while sniggering. I roll my eyes and snatch his book to copy in the notes.
I notice that his handwriting is exceptionally neat and he's gotten every answer right, which is odd saying that this is muggle studies. After all, he hates m*dbloods.

Later on in the class Draco sends me a note nicely folded into a paper swan. I look at it and them him inquisitively as I begin to open it. Inside I instantly recognise his beautiful handwriting and continue to read what he's written.

Dear y/n,
Meet me up at the astronomy tower tonight after the feast at 6:30 sharp. Don't be late or else. I'm not as patient as I look.
- D.M

I chuckle to myself at the formality of it and slip it into my pocket. I wonder what he wants?

~

I walk at a fast out the castle doors, not wanting to let the cold night get to me. I look at my watch and swear. 6:28. I quicken my pace which slowly turns into a jog as the tower comes into view. When I get to the bottom of the steps I flatten down my robes and hair and slowly walk up the steps.

Then I see him. He's leaning against the wall with his long legs crossed at the bottom. 'You're late y/n,' which he says in a sing song type of tone. 'By one minute Draco.' I say sternly while looking down at my watch. 'Why do u want me here anyways?'

'I've got something for you.' He says. He then made his way down the steps to me and puts his hand over my eyes as he leads me up the steps. His cool hand touches the side of my waist which feels oddly nice, but I soon brush that thought away. After around 30 seconds or so I feel his warm breath by my ear as he removes his hands. I can't help but gasp.

The sun was slowly setting and the clouds were a soft peach, and the lake was absorbing the colour, making it sparkle in the remaining sunlight. 'Wow, I've never really looked at the Hogwarts grounds from this view before- it's so beautiful Draco!' I then round to look at him and he was a small smile on the tips of his lips.

'Well, that's not the only thing I have for you.' He said as he reached into his bag to retrieve something. He revealed to me a detailed painting of myself on a small canvas around the size of a hand. The details were gentle and focused, and he was definitely talented. I stare at it for a long time in awe.

'You hate it don't you? It's not good is it...' he begins, running his his hand through his hair.
'Draco it's amazing you have a lot of talent. It looks more like me than me to be honest. I do art too and this is really good, trust me.'
I put emphasis on the last to words, wanting him to believe me.

Without warning, he pulls me into a hug, which is really unexpected coming from him. I hug him back, glad that I have him as a friend. The smell of his expensive cologne tingles my nostrils and the hint of cool mint calms me.

We pull away from each other and look into each others eyes for a moment.
'Thank you so much Draco, but I'm afraid I have to go. I love the gift it's so nice of you.'
I feel guilty saying it but my mind thinks back to the stack of work I have to make my way through. His face tells me that he understands but his eyes look sad. Feeling bad, I hug him again quickly and walk down the stairs again. I could feel his eyes on me but I felt to guilty to look back.

Hi I hope that you like it so far I definitely made this chapter long enough for you guys-I am tired though lol. Also thanks so much for all the people who have read my story so far I really appreciate the support and please keep reading!