PROLOGUE

“Huy may tumalon daw na estudyante dito sa school building natin!”

“What! are you serious?”

“That's not a good joke. You must be joking”

“What makes me joke around like this?”

“Guys! Its freaking true! ”

“Guys it's really true, I can see her body here sa bintana! ”

I woke up because of the loud shouting of my noisy classmates. For some unknown reason, they looked like panicked ants as they ran out of our classroom.

“Para kayong mga tanga.” I chuckled. But I suddenly snapped out when someone unintentionally poked me on my shoulders.

I suddenly blinked. I  looked around the classroom and the corridor. I was the only one left in our classroom while the others were already outside.
Hindi sila mapakali.

What's happening?! is there a fire? or an earthquake?

Fearing that our school building might be on fire, I quickly ran outside.

When I got out, I stopped running when I saw that the corridor was full of students, others were panicking.

Others are hustling to get out of the group of students while others are tearfully waiting to get out of the building.

And me? I focused my attention on looking at the entire area.

What's going on? there's no smoke why did they run? there's no earthquake either? what's happening!?

When I reached the stairs, my initial thought was to huddle and fight. The scenario was too chaotic, which further added to the panic that we are all experiencing right now.

I was walking down the stairs when I heard the Men talking, I didn't mean to eavesdrop.

“Sino kaya yung tumalon sa building?kilala mo ba yung babae? ”

“Hindi eh, Sino kaya yun, Bakit siya tumalon sa building?”

“Baka stress o may depresyon lang”

“I agree, sino ba ang tatalon sa building na may pitong palapag nang walang dahilan?”

“Baka may tumulak sa kanya sa itaas”

“Wag ka nga'ng mag isip ng ganyan”

So wala palang sunog o lindol....

Really? may tumalon talagang estudyante sa building namin?? nagbibiro ba sila?

Dahil sa pagiging chismosa ko, binilisan ko ng takbo at paglusot sa kumpulan papunta sa estudyante na tumalon sa building.

When I stepped outside the school, I glanced everywhere. I was completely shocked.

My eyes widened and I simply covered my mouth

A bloody girl was lying on the school ground.

I almost vomited when I continued to observe the bloody body of the woman. Her face was on the floor, her skull must have been cracked. The blood from her head flowed and stained the pavement.

Sino kaya ang babaeng 'to?

Mahaba ang buhok nito at kulay-abo din ang buhok.

Matangkad din siya.

Whaat the? familiar sakin ang bracelet na yan ah?

No hindi... hindi yan ang best friend kong si Kamilah.

No it can't be!

Shit, I can't help but feel so cold because of the nervousness. The beating of ny heart was gradually controlled by the trembling I felt.

“Sino kaya 'yon?” I heard Clyden whisper, my best friend's cousin. I didn't immediately realize that Clyden was right next to me.

My knees trembled as I swallowed one after another. I tried to calm myself down. But it seems easier to panic than to be positive.

“Okay ka lang ba Azalea? Namumutla ka yata” saad ni Clyden

I breathed in deeply. Despite my doubts and the thoughts racing through my head, I managed to speak up. “That's not K-Kamilah, right?”

I didn't appear to be sharing my thoughts anymore. It's more about convincing him that my assumptions were incorrect and that Kamilah was never the dead girl lying far away from us.

But he completely weakened me when he looked at me in my eyes. That look as if he suddenly realized that what I was thinking was right. There was a hint of unanticipated anxiety in him now. Since we appear to be thinking the same thing, I can feel his nervousness rising.

“Nasaan ba si Kamilah? Why does this girl have the same hair and body as Kamilah? ” saad ko “Bakit kapareho sila ng friendship bracelet namin? ” Si kamilah ba talaga ang babaeng 'yon?

We rushed to where the woman's lifeless body was. It's like we understand each other just by looking in the eyes. I continued running even though my knees were weak from terror. I need confirmation that I'm mistaken.

No she's not Kamilah!

Nooo It can't be Kamilah

This can't happen to Kamilah, she could never think of killing her self.

When we got close to the Woman's body, we were immediately stopped by the police. Clyden tried to get through them. He pushed the policemen with all his might but they remained in a tight grip on him.

Clyden will definitely be in big trouble if he doesn't stop. Manners towards the authorities are a big deal in our school.

That's why I hugged him around his waist to stop him “ Clyden, please stop it. Let's just wait for the police to .......” I was shocked when my eyes landed on the woman's face “...arrive”

I let go of Clyden right away. My knees went out of control. I collapsed upon the floor, sobbing

I cried and murmured a bit “C-Clyden..” I was stunned by the woman's bracelet. I can't be wrong, that's Kamilah's bracelet.

Clyden gave up trying to resist the cops. He bent over me and cupped my cheeks “Zorel...”

I gazed directly into his eyes. My eyes were overflowing with tears. “T-Thats..... K-Kamilah”

“Ha?!” natataranta siyang umiling. “Nooo” tears began streaming down his face “You're joking, right? ” he pleaded, but I just gave him a hug and shook my head.

The school ground was filled with loud cries from both of us. That was joined by the muttering of others observing us closely. And we instantly felt the sorrow that the majority of our classmates were showing us. They observed us from their distinct places, and I could feel their grief.

Our classmate who was crying also approach, they helped me and Clyden to stand up. They patted both of my cheeks repeatedly as I remained startled.

They lifted the woman's body and brought it to the hospital. Sana hindi siya si Kamilah, ang minamahal kong best friend.

I'm trying to tell myself that she's not Kamilah, even though it hurts, but reality is trying to slap me with the truth.

I completely lost myself when we confirmed who she was--- It was her, Kamilah Aczon, my beloved best friend.