𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 032

BLUE LOCK Facility

BLUE LOCK Facility.
Monitoring Room.

YOU ENTERED THE MONITORING ROOM OF THE OTHER PLAYERS', to see if any of them were struggling to pick a team. To your surprise, you don't see Isagi but Reo Mikage there. On the screen was Nagi when he played in the second selection. You walked over to him, crouching down and rubbing his back, catching him by surprise.

"L/n..! Hi, long time no talk..?"

Reo greeted you but his face was.. gloomy. Ah. He must be still upset about his 'break up' with Nagi.

"Are you still thinking about Nagi?"

You grabbed a nearby cushion and sat on it, looking at him.

"..Yeah."

"You having trouble choosing a team then I'm guessing?"

"..Mhm."

"And you wouldn't go back to being on Shidou's team, right? So it's either B, or C."

"..Yeah."

"..You having second thoughts about going back to him?"

"I came all the way here to make him regret that.. but seeing how he's risen all the way to Top 6, and objectively comparing my level is compared to his.. Nagi's starting to feel more and more like someone I'll never catch up to. I don't know if I have the confidence to play besides him."

 Ah. Attachment Issues and.. possible abandonment issues?

"But I also feel that if I let this chance go by, I might not get a second chance. But, if I mess up while playing with him, it feels like he'll get farther away. So I really don't know what I should do anymore.."

Hearing Reo's words, you sighed before grabbing his chin, forcing him to look at you, putting your other hand on his shoulder while looking at him in the eyes.

"Listen to me, Reo. You don't need Nagi in soccer at all, you can be independent. Soccer without Nagi doesn't mean that you will become useless in it. He's naturally talented but lazy, you, aren't naturally talented but you are good because of your hard-work. This time, you passed the selection because of your soccer skills, not luck."

"You said that you made it all the way here to make him regret not choosing you, so make him regret it, won't you?"

You look at him in the eyes again, but instead of feeling comforted, Reo felt butterflies as he moved your hand away from his chin.