Pilot

Believing in yourself starts with respecting your own decisions.
-ZEDQ

Ona's POV

"You will be just fine Ms. Batlle. You graduated this university and earned your spot in the academy. You chose to end don't turn back now." Professor Skinner smiled as he gave me a pat on the back. He exited his classroom leaving me alone.

I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I'd be leaving to Barcelona. I was one of the few chosen to actually attend the academy. I'm going to become a hero.

"Ona! I heard the news. Are you excited?!" My best friend Eva jumped beside me.

"Aren't you bummed? I mean you wanted to go so bad." Eva deserved this spot not me.

"I can still work for the agency...just not as the field agents. Besides maybe I'll be working on a mission with you one day."

"Aren't you curious? I mean other than very mainstream heroes what do we even get to do if we make it? I don't even know how to use or control my powers."

"Ona. You're going to be fine. Best of luck."

"I'm going to need it."

~~~~~Five Months Later~~~~~

"Welcome to Camp Nou."

Holy shit.

"There are nine of you that have been hand picked from the university across the world to attend this academy. As you all may know this is the academy. So once again welcome to Camp Nou.

For those of you returning look to your sides. The girls around you have made it through another year.

For those of you who are new look around. You will become increasingly close to the surrounding thirty six girls. They will be your friends, your family, but they are also your competition.

For my first years. This is a four year academy. You will be chosen by one of my seven team leads by the end of this week." Jill Ellis, Camp Nou's Headmistress, spoke from the large stage. Behind her sat ten people who I would assume to be the teachers.

Nobody was focused on them. If it was not Headmistress Ellis who held their attention it was the seven team leads that stood behind her.

They were living legends.

They were exactly what these girls dreamed to be.

"Behind me are seven fine women who will select you to join your team. Each of these ladies are filled with honor and success. Not many people have saved more lives and kept this world safer."

Even if I was terrified, I wanted to be one of them.

"I would like to introduce you to:

Blake Laid, the top ranking student of our 2028 class.

Alexia Putellas, the top ranking student of our 2024 class.

Lucy Bronze, the top ranking student of our 2023 class.

Mapi Leon, the top ranking student of our 2025 class.

Danielle Vander Donk, the top ranking student of our 2022 class.

Lia Walti, the top ranking student of our 2021 class.