That Time I (Almost) Wrote An Into the Spiderverse Fanfic.

Oooooh boy.

So, first things first: welcome to the junkyard, home of my scrapped book or chapter or plot ideas. I've got a good one for you to read today: the time I almost wrote an "into the spiderverse" fanfic!

I was fairly new to the fic writing scene at the time, so I struggled in seeing what would work (as in if readers would like my writing style or not) or if it sat right with me. Suffice to say, it did not.

The fic was titled "Universes Apart" and followed Y/N (a.k.a you!) being a spider-person who was one of the unfortunate to have been roped into Miles' universe. However, I wanted to play the whole "radioactive spider" thing differently than the traditional spiderpeople.

I wanted to further explore the "radioactive" part of it all. I didn't (and still don't) believe that coming in contact with a radioactive creature that proceeds to bite you would leave you just fine and with some cool new powers! So I intended Y/N to have fallen dangerously ill due to the radioactivity poisoning, only to miraculously recover in the end -- with some sick ass spider powers.

While I loved the idea, I didn't like how it came out -- hence the reason why it now rots in the junkyard. Yapping aside, here's a peek as to what could have been:

(3rd Person)

Thump, thump, thump, thump.

The pastel green sky darkened while the sun began to set in the horizon. The busy city never once eased or slept, it was restless.

Thump, thump, thump. . .

screech!

A freight truck halted in its tracks, coming to a full stop. The door to the back opened, and from the shadows, a group of criminal gang members approached, with a tall lady leading them as she approached the driver of the truck.

"These are the goods?"

"Yes, ma'am. Pure explosives. . ."

THUD!

A wooden crate fell out of the freight truck compartments. An axe cut through the top with one swift movement, and it fell to the floor.

"Perfect. Alright, boys! Start packin' 'em up."

A group of men and women went to the freight truck and began to push wooden crates out, pushing them towards a warehouse.

A woman went ahead of everyone, alone and was about to open the door to let everyone in, walking over and extending a hand to the door knob.

Thwip!

The woman drew her hand back and flinched. Observing the knob, a white web was splattered onto the knob.

"The hell," She muttered, leaning in to inspect it furthermore.

From a distance, a feminine scream caught the attention of other gang members as they perked up, looking in the direction of where the sound came.

The lady in charge furrowed her eyebrows and jerked her head towards the others. "Somebody tell me what the hell was that!"

They ran to the nearby Warehouse where they were met with the sight of a woman dangling from the wall upside down, wrapped with many webs.

The lady growled and clenched her fist.

28 MINUTES AGO.