'Hey girl!'

I'm with my best friend, Astoria in transfiguration attempting to turn a beetle into a teapot. Astoria is poking her beetle with her wand when she asks 'So, what's up?'.
'Oh, nothing much, just loads of unexpected work', I sigh in reply.

'Are you sure about that?' She says looking at be with one eyebrow raised.
'What the heck do you mean?' I say confused.
'All that stuff with Draco silly!' She says a little too loudly for my liking.
'I don't know what you're talking about Astoria'. I say back, genuinely perplexed.
She leans towards me with a goofy facial expression 'The whole thing with you and Draco on his broom last night - you see, Pansy is really pissed and she's told everyone..the whole year is talking about it!'.

She backed away a little and I knew that it was because she could see the anger in my face. That vile girl! 'Look Astoria, Draco and I have been friends since the very first day of Hogwarts. I can assure you that we were just hanging out. Besides!' I said, my voice slowly getting higher with anxiety, 'Besides! He was the one who suggested that I go with him! He said I looked tired from studying!' I sigh and put a hand on my forehead.
'To be honest I don't even know why I'm getting so hysterical about all this. I think it's just because of that stupid girl stirring the pot'.

'I'm sorry y/n I thought you knew..' my friend replied feeling bad, 'Well everyone knows that she's a total bitch so the rumour will soon end y/n I promise'.
'Astoria Flintwood! You can't just call somebody that! But I suppose you're right I just have to forget about it. It'll be old news by tomorrow'. I was mostly talking to myself when I said that to calm my mind.
~

'Hey girl!'. Astoria was joining me in the library a week later to 'study'. I had piled books up to make a mini fort around us so that we could talk in peace without anybody staring.
'So, good thing that whole thing has brushed over now..'. She says to me as she sits down.

I look out the window, remembering that evening broom ride I had with Draco a week prior. 'Yeah finally it was getting annoying'. There was a comfortable silence while we twiddled our thumbs.
Hesitating slightly, Astoria broke the silence. 'So, um, what did Draco say about it all?'.
I had just remembered I hadn't told anything to my friend for ages. 'Oh well you know him and his confident attitude..he didn't care and kinda loved the extra attention.' I chuckled a little. 'Smug little gi-.'

'You gossiping about me y/f/n y/l/n?'
I tired round laughing. 'Draco! You weren't supposed to hear that!!'. I grinned and walked over to him.
'Oh no you keep doing whatever you were getting on with y/n I don't wanna disturb anything'.
Astoria winked at me and I shook my head with a shocked look.
'Thanks Draco we'll see you in the common room later'. I said nudging his chest so he stumbled backwards a little.
Rolling his eyes he strutted off.
'Girl...' Astoria said humorously.
About an hour later we packed up and headed back up to the Slytherin common room.

Draco was the last person there sitting cross-legged reading a book by the fire. I looked at Astoria with a 'what do I do?' kind of look- she got the message and went to her dormitory.
He looked up at me and I could see in his eyes that he wanted me to sit beside him and he wanted company.

I walked over and sat down. 'Watcha' reading?' I asked, craning my next to try and take a peek at the cover. 'Wuthering Heights- one of my favourites'. I looked at him with a shocked face that I hope didn't make him think that I thought of him as stupid. I just didn't expect him to read at such a high level. 'Surprised y/l/n?' He said, making me snap out of my dumb looking expression. 'Sorry I just didn't know that you could- well I knew you could just- well- not to that much of an advanced level I-.'
I stopped taking when I saw in chuckling at me. After a few moments I started laughing too and for some reason soon after we were both choking with laughter.

One thing that was a shock was his smile- I had never seen him smile so hard before. My hand was on his shoulder while I was laughing. I wiped a tear from my watering eyes and we both instantly stopped. He was looking deep into my eyes with a look I can't quite describe.

After about a minute I cleared my throat awkwardly.
'I've got to sleep, I'm early start tomorrow..'
'Oh uh yeah same, night'.
'Night'.