Chapter Forty-Seven -- Set Up

Karly's POV

Three Months Later...

I tightened the top police equipment belt around my waist, securing it with the buckle before I straightened the fitted, black baseball cap on my head.

My uniform shirt, unlike the usual dark blue, is tan, right along with my pants.

I inspected the pig in the mirror before me, checking to see if anything was out of place. Something as simple as a twisted badge can ruin everything.

"Damn, Mrs. Officer," Erik teased, coming behind me with a grin on his face.

I stopped the smile that wanted to come onto my face before turning around to look over his uniform that's identical to mine.

"Can you at least try to be serious here?" I asked, flipping his police badge around to the correct position.

"Yeah, but did I tell you you look good as fuck in that uniform?"

Shaking my head, I rolled my eyes and turned back around to the mirror, my ponytail slapping him in the face. He's so... ughh sometimes.

Erik grabbed my waist, putting his head on my shoulder to kiss my neck. I winced at him through the mirror, he knows that's my spot.

"You're right... my bad, baby. We've worked--"

"Too hard and long to fuck up now," I finished for him, something I've been doing a lot of lately. "Three months," I reminded him.

"Three exhausting, long, up-all-night, draining--"

"Hey!" I stopped him, "it wasn't that bad."

He let go of me to adjust his hat. "You're right, it was worst. I ain't neva' put in work like this for a hit," he looked down at his disguise clothing, "uniforms? Man, I feel like I'm in Mission: Impossible or some shit."

I held back a chuckle as I hugged him from behind. "Just think about it, baby, it'll all be worth it in the end."

"That's the only reason why I did it all."

****

I pushed the gas petal to the floor of the Honda Accord, my eyes never leaving the road I'm burning rubber down.

No music played from the radio as silence comforted me and my never-ending thoughts.
With endless days of planning everything to a T, getting caught is the least I'm worried about. Erik and I, thanks to a little help from some friends, know Mississippi State Prison like the back of our hand, probably better than some real officers that are really employed there.

We even went as far as knowing the inmates' names and numbers that's in our division.

As planned, I parked the car in its designated spot at the prison. Moments later, Erik's car, a Toyota Camry, did the same.

The sun set gave off a golden glow as I stepped out of the vehicle, not saying a word or even looking at Erik as he did the same. On these grounds, I've never heard of a Erik Davis, I'm a correctional officer with a husband and three kids at home.

"Officer Bradley," Correctional Officer Gates, one of the few officers that helped me and Erik greeted me by my fake name as I went inside of the prison.

Erik had parted ways as soon as he stepped out.

I gave a head nod, letting Gates know my 'job' has begun.

He gave a wicked smile before nodding his head also.

"Damn, she fine."

"Who is that?"