6//no thoughts

"Try calling someone," Mischa offered.

"Can't. My phone was in my backpack and I left it outside."

"You are actually such a stupid bitch, I—!"

"You also left your phone too, you dumb whore!"

This then escalated into a full-scale name-calling argument, ending with me with my back pressed against the filing cabinet with a finger jabbed into Mischa's chest.

I don't know what happened, but something in me just snapped. I don't know if it was the lack of oxygen in the closet, or the absolute frustration of being stuck and unable to get out, but I started to cry, and Mischa's face immediately softened.

"Did I— Did I go too far? I am sorry, I—"

"No, no," I sniffled. "It's not you, I just— I just got a bit frustrated at the situation, and— oh, just stop looking at me! It's embarrassing! You're going to laugh at me, I know."

"Hey, hey, shh," He said in an attempt to console me. "It is okay to be frustrated, no?"

I looked up at him and nodded slowly.

"Is understandable why you have frustration. I am also angry about this. The tears will not open the door, though."

I nodded again, wiping away tears with the back of my hand.

"I help," He said, using a thumb to get the tears off of my face. Mischa paused and gave me a small half-smile. "All better now?"

I nodded. "Thanks, I guess."

"No problem. I used to do the same with the children."

"What children?" I asked.

"I helped at a daycare as a summer job."

I paused. "Why? Don't you have enough money already?"

"I had no friends in summer. I was bored."

"That's very sweet of you, actually. I wouldn't have expected you to be good with kids or even like them," I smiled.

"I do really like children. Also, it makes the girls absolutely feral when I like the children."

"Yeah. I guess you're right."

He shifted around. "As long as we are in here, I have question."

"Yeah?"

"Why do we not like each other?"

I thought about it. "Well, you don't like me because you don't like that I'm a 'psycho control freak' and I don't like you because I think you're irritating and insufferable."

Mischa nodded. "Oh. That is right. We are also so different, too."

"Yeah," I paused. "Just like you're kind of a whore and I'm..."

"A nerd virgin who nobody wants?" Mischa offered.

I opened my mouth in protest, but then promptly shut it. "Oh. I was going to argue, but you're kind of right."

"Not all the way. I bet there is at least someone who wants you. I will take that part back."

I smiled halfheartedly. "But not the nerd virgin part?"

"No. I am correct about that."

"You don't know that," I crossed my arms.

He raised an eyebrow. "Really? You have not even kissed a boy before, have you?"

"I actually have, for your information."

"I am sure you have."

"No, really! I have!"