she bites her lip, then shakes her head. "Nothing, you gorgeous."

I smile, "Thank you, you look gorgeous too."

She hums, pushing my back down, causing me to bend over on the bathroom counter.

——

Gio somehow acquired a boat license, and she bought a boat. It's gorgeous though, it's black with gold letters on the side that read, "Ramos." And the interior is a caramel color

And I honestly couldn't imagine marrying anyone else and having any other last name. Mariah Parrish, Mariah Ramos...

Why am I thinking of Her right now?

We arrive at an island, and gio goes ahead and docks her boat, I learn new shit about her every day.

I smile, "This is beautiful gio." I say softly as I admire the golden sand under my feet, warm from the hot sun. Although the weather is perfect.

As I look out to where the sky meets the ocean, gio comes behind me and wraps her arms around my exposed waist.

I hum, I'm overwhelmed by the beauty of this island, yet still overthinking about yesterday.

Memories of the past cloud my mind.

Of course, Gio's reassurance should've been enough. But it's like the past always seems to cast a shadow over this relationship.

I tilt my head to the side as Gio's rests beside mine.

"What's on your mind?" she asks, kissing my shoulder.

I smile, "I just love you so much."

she chuckles softly, a sound that says, "I know that's not it."

"Mariah, I want you to know that I mean everything I say to you. My vows to be Loyal and always listen are pure, but how ima listen if you not telling me anything?

I want you to be open." She says, and that means a lot to me. She's someone that I can always come to no matter what, and I appreciate that, I'm more open than ever.

So I spill, hoping my other half can understand me.

I feel like trust is slowly being restored between us as she opens up and shares things with me, too.

My whispers of doubt are drowned out by her declarations of love and devotion.

We reaffirm our vows, and the emotions between us make me feel as if we could calm a war down.

We've been in our own world for so long we don't notice the sun setting.

We lay in the sand, hand in hand as we exchange loving words.

Gio laughs softly, and it sounds like it did 3 years ago.

She kisses my forehead, "we got a few more places to go, come on."

——

We cruise to another island, but this one is different, as the boat comes up onto the shore, we can see the water glowing blue as it hits the sand.

I gasp, staring over Gio's shoulder as we pull up.

"It's beautiful huh?" She smiles like she's the one who made it glow, although I wouldn't be surprised if she is.

I nod, "bioluminescence is so insane to me."

she smiles as she looks over to me, "can you explain it to me?"

I raise my eyebrow, nodding my head.

And as we sit on the glowing beach, I explain the phenomenon of bioluminescence to Gio.