ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10

"ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴇʀᴠᴏᴜꜱ"

Hermelio was sitting at a table in a diner by himself. 

It's been two weeks since he found out Carnell lived here. Also two weeks since Damien told him that he was more than a friend to him. 

It's been an awkward, heartbreaking, and exciting two weeks. 

He was speaking to himself. His sister already gave him the pep talk before he came.

He muttered to himself, "You're good. I'm good. Be cool."

He didn't get nervous often but when your meeting your first love who you were pulled away from after a year.. you kinda get nervous.

He looked at his phone, there was a text from Damien.

DAMI 

we're outside, he's sitting in the car nervous. he'll be inside soon.

              ima just come out. 

okay we're in my car. 

Hermelio stood up with a deep breath and walked outside. Before he got to the door e opened his camera. His recently combed out his dreads and he had his hair out now. 

He walked to the car

Carnell was inside the car worried beyond belief, "What if he hates me? Dami what if he doesn't really wanna see me?"

Damien frowned, "You think he would've agreed to see you if he ain't want to? This is going to go well papa it's alright."

"Dami.. I'm.. scared. I left him. I left my baby all alone. I shoulda fought harder. This is all my fault."

Damien felt his heart clench. He reached over and pulled Carnell into his lap. He rubbed Nelly's back and matched their breathing.

He was mumbling to himself, or regular speaking. Either which way only he could hear himself.

"You good. You been good."

When he got to the car he saw Carnell standing outside the car. He had his hands behind his back and Damien was on the other side of the car smiling. 

He reached Carnell and they stood there in silence just staring and looking each other over. Carnell moved his hands from behind his back and he had a puzzle. This was something that made Hermelio close his eyes and take a deep breath.

The puzzle meant they were back. 

"H-hi baby."

Hermelio pulled Carnell into his embrace. Damien was inside the car recording like a proud mom. He had tears in his eyes. 

Carnell started sobbing into Hermelio's chest. He was shorter than the other so his stream of tears fell down his abs.

They repeated I miss yous and I love yous and I'm sorrys to each other.

Carnell mumbled out in broken sobs, "I'll never leave you again. I love you so so much. I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry. I love you more and I'ma be here for you. We forever."

After 3 minutes of this they got into the car. 

Damien was happy for them. It was a very heartwarming reunion from his point of view. 

Carnell looked over to Damien. He didn't know how this was supposed to work. 

Damien smiled and shook his head, "We'll talk it over later."

Hermelio was breathing heavy and Damien looked him over, "You want some butterscotch ba'boy?"

Hermelio nodded. This was weird for him. 

Damien grabbed two and put it in his hand. "Thanks grandma"