Leah

Alone. Scared. What was happening? My body changing slowly and painfully. Heat and ice were colliding through me. Half a dozen increases rang in my sences. I could smell further away. I could see in mynuit detail. I could run so fast. Then it just stopped. I felt so odd. I stumbled over to a puddle with arms and legs that definitely weren't my human limbs. I peared into the murky water. There, reflecting a image I could never believe, was a huge great dog. No, not a dog, more panther like. It had a light grey muzzel, the colour blending with stunning sandy brown. I wanted to yell but all that came out was a strangled barking sound. Then my ears pricked up at the sound of paws thundering toward me. The paws grounded to a hault and eyes that were strangly familiar stared at me. I shrunk away from the huge creatures, a whimper escaped my jaws. Then one wolf pounced at me with a toothy grin. A rush of thoughts flooded my brain. I was confused, why could I hear thoughts... The thoughts that were not mine? Then a voice shrouded me out. Only no lips moved, but I could hear the words clearly in my mind.
Welcome buddy!
Oh my god. That's Quil.
Keep calm. Its okay.
Jacob?
Yup that's me.
How...? I never spoke?
We can hear everyone's thoughts who are in the pack. No secrets. Go on, speak!
I swallowed.
Uh. Hi. I thought. It was all I could manage.
Leah. Were gonna phase back and we will help you. Hang on.
Suddenly silence.
Hello? Jake? Quil?
Im here.
Sam?!
Leah.
Then my thoughts scanned over what had happened to make me phase for the first time. The fight. It made me so so mad this happened. Sam saw it too.
Sam! Why? Why the hell? You loved me Sam. I know you did. I loved you. And you went and wrecked it!? All because suddenly Emily mattered more! Why did y-
You don't understand. Sam interrupted. What didn't I understand? We were meant to be, it was only meant to be just us and then Emily came and ruined it and I don't know what happened. It was Sam and me and then Sam and Emily.
Leah. Your a new wolf, (so I'm a wolf huh?) which means you know nothing about our wolf instincts and stuff. Like what happened with Emily was not what I'd chosen my future to be. It was wolf instinct that drew me to her, one day, it will happen to you, Leah, I can promise you that. Imprinting is pretty big deal for us.
Then Sam faded into the back ground as a couple boys phased back into their wolfy skins. They heard our conversation in our thoughts. Though Sam didn't think of it once, probably used to keeping those thoughts locked away from watching eyes. Any how my thoughts ran wild and everyone saw. The embarrassment! Sam phased to a human and I realised how hungry I was. My instinct told me to follow my nose where I could strongly smell a heard of deer about 50 miles away. I licked my snout. I growled at the thought of eating raw, not so much of the killing part, but raw deer? Gross. My brain commanded I got some normal food. The thought of shovelling my nose in my food and messily gouging out flesh made me want to puke. Ugh. Of course all my mates saw my reaction to my hunger. Some snorted with laughter, others seemed to agree with me.
C'mon Leah, your gonna have to eat soon!
I want to phase back.
We can't help you with that. We can only tell you what to do.
Think about being human and let it happen.
I thought of the best things about being human and the worst things about being wolf I felt a change and one boy, Embry I think, say
Cover your eyes lads!
But the words slipped out of ear range as I felt my fingers and toes and wiggled them about, feeling the normality of it. Only my feet were bare. And to my horror, I realized I had ripped out of my clothes when I phased! Which ment I couldnt magically still have them on, I'm not sure that I would phase with the clothes back on. Uh oh. I felt the pink flood my cheeks and I took cover behind the largest tree I could see. I noticed I was incredibly faster now, thank goodness. One of my shirts suddenly lunged past me and then a pair of shorts.
"Oops." I heard someone say.
"Really? Don't throw them off the country or we could be blinded mlby nudity!" Not in my thoughts then. I changed with inhuman speed and retreived myself from my hiding. Four boys stood in front of me, backs turned.
"Oi! You rascals! You never told me I would phase bloomin' naked!" I shrieked at them, my anger bubbling.
A snigger erupted from one boy.
"Well, where did you think your clothes would go after you tore yourself out of them?" I sighed. I was asking for that one.
"Hungry?" Jacob turned, hands covering his face as if to be sheilded from something. Me, obviously.
"Jake, I'm fully clothed."
"Oh, okay." He said in his usual husky
tone. "What's it gonna be then? A deer or a mountain lion, perhaps a bear or two?" I scowled.
"Mmm yes. A delicious bear sandwhich or two, and deer hoof to crunch on and, my favourite, mountain lion cake!" My sarcasm so thick you couldn't wade through it even if toy were the strongest man, which Jacob probably was. Meanwhile a shocked looking Jacob snapped into realising I was being sarcastic and lunged at me with a playful punch which should of hurt. However it didn't.
"Back to Billy's then?" Paul commented casualy.
"But what about the bear sandwhich...?" I complained, truthfully hungry.
"No worries. Emily will be cooking up a storm since she found out you changed for the first time. She does it all the time for newbies. Anyway I'm starvin' too!" Embry licked his lips.
"Mmm rock cakes..." He broke into a run in the direction of the house. Though I wasn't so hungry now. A bear suddenly didn't seem so bad anymore...