Perfectly Imperfect

A/N: OK, before you get angry with me, yes I did delete Cute Smiles. I literally could not stand writing it. I hated it, a lot. Plus I was too preoccupied working on a different story, AKA this one. I'm sorry for abandoning a story, and I promise I won't do it again. But I just really disliked it. It was better to delete it 2 chapters in, instead of doing it later. But here's a new one. I wanted to take a shot at high school Scomiche. Which means I'm going to fail lol. I'M WRITING FROM MITCH'S POV, which is something I don't do often, so bear with me. And since it's an AU, they'll be rather OOC, but I'll try to stay true to them. So, here we go.

Chapter 1

I got up at 6:00am, just like I did every morning for school. I got up, and made my bed. Not a wrinkle in sight. I moseyed over to my dresser and opened my shirt drawer, and filed through the stack of color coordinated shirts.

I grabbed a simple white t-shirt, before closing the drawer and choosing a pair of black skinny jeans from my pants drawer. I sat them on the dresser before choosing underwear and socks. I grabbed my stack of clothing before going into the bathroom.

I set my timer on my phone for exactly 12 minutes, before stepping into the shower. It was Friday, so I had to wash my hair today. That meant I would get less thinking time.

Once my 12 minutes was up, I set my timer again for a half hour so I could get dressed first, then dry my hair, then style it, then brush my teeth, then put on a little cover-up. All in that order, every day.

If I ever forgot to do something, my whole day would get thrown off. That's why I keep my life on a tight schedule. It kept my stress levels low, and my happiness levels high.

I glanced at the time. 6:41. I finished 3 minutes ahead of schedule. I smiled to myself proudly, this meant I had 3 extra minutes for breakfast. Great.

I went downstairs and began preparing my eggs and toast, humming a happy tune.

"Well, look at little Mitchy, all happy and ready for his senior year," my mom cooed as she gave me a side hug before preparing her coffee.

I smiled at her warmly. It was the first day of my senior year. I was excited. It was going to be a great year. I had enough AP classes to keep myself busy. 3 out of my 6 classes were AP. I had wanted all of them to be AP classes, but I really wanted to take singing, creative writing, and Greek literature.

I ate my breakfast and talked with my mom until 6:55 when I had to go get my backpack and take care of any last minute tasks, before driving to school at 7:00.

I arrived at 7:16, just like my math had configured. I had four minutes to get to my locker and use the bathroom before I had to get to class, if I wanted to ensure 5 minutes earliness.

As soon as 7:21 hit, I wasn't in class. I wasn't late, but this meant I would only be 4 minutes early instead of 5. That wouldn't do. I was off of my schedule.

I took a deep breath and walked a little faster down the hall. I was starting to panic. It was almost 7:22. I would only have 3 minutes to get organized before class started.

This was a disaster.

"Mitch! Hey!" A familiar voice exclaimed as Kirstie bounced up next to me.

"I can't talk, it's 7:22," I blurted out.

She knew all about my schedule, and she hated it. She sighed and rolled her eyes, "Mitch, relax. It's our senior year, teachers won't care if we're late. Lighten up a bit."

She knew that this conversation was pointless, so I didn't even bother responding.

She sighed again, "Well, your schedule still allows time for the senior party tonight, right?" She inquired.