Chapter 9 - An Interesting Opportunity

Start from the beginning

"Heh, yeah, I did."

"I already ordered your favorite drink if that's okay." She said.

"Yeah, that's fine."

Soyo and I enjoyed our drinks and talked, enjoying each others company. I feel like I was learning some things about Soyo that I didn't know about, and I didn't have problems sharing some stuff about her that I don't say in front of my fans. Being with her really does put me at ease.

After talking for a while, Soyo put her fingers together as she looked at me with a sweet, yet curious smile.

"So, is there anything new going on in your world?" She asked

"Actually, yes..." I answered. "I got an interesting text message earlier this morning."

"Oh yeah? Who was it, and what did they want?" She asked again.

"It's a producer from a very popular agency." I answered again. "They want to sign a deal with me and go on tour."

Soyo's smile starts to fade away slowly.

"Wait, what? On tour?"

She started to look at me like I was some crazy psycho. But it was the truth, though. However...

"Yeah, but I don't know if I should accept it or not." I said.

Soyo looked at me with a glare.

"You sure that this producer is legit, right? Are you sure it's not another one of those bullshit scams some people keep falling for?"

"It's not bullshit!" I stood my ground. "They look legit, and... I always did wanted to go on tour as a solo vocalist."

Now Soyo looked at me with a shocked expression.

"Wait, really?" She asked

"Yeah. Whenever I perform my shows, it was always here in town. Imagine how cool it'd be for me to perform in other towns in Japan." I said as I start to get excited.

"Yeah, I guess it could be cool..." Soyo said as a small sigh came out of her mouth.

"So what do you think?" I asked. "Should I go for it?"

Soyo didn't respond much to my question other than...

"Do whatever you want..."

I can't tell that she was disappointed in me for assuming that this wasn't a scam, or that... she doesn't want me to take the deal. Still, though, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and if I don't take it, I might not get another chance.

If I do take it, I'll have to leave Soyo and everyone else behind for a while... What am I going to do?

To be continued

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)

Next book to update: The Music of Destiny

Shout-out to those who added my books to their reading lists!

Fandi6969