chapter 15

(Y/N) looked at the two men. One wanting to take her life and the other willing to risk his for her. 

Funyun's hand curled up into a fist and his ring started letting gas out.

Gas.

Gas that took the shape of a snake. A giant blue snake with jet-black eyes and long fangs which coiled behind Funyun and hissed menacingly. 

Baizhu didn't recoil and summoned his dendro energy, casting a shield around himself.

- (Y/N), run. - he said firmly.

Her  breath hitched at the order but she was unable to move.

The snake lunged at Baizhu, who deflected the attack with a flick of his hand. 

- (Y/N)! Run! - Baizhu repeated.

This time (Y/N) snapped back to reality and scrambled to get up. She clumsily got to her feet and started running.

"Where am I running?" She thought. "Somewhere safe, nearby....I got it! Wangsheng Funeral Parlour! Zhongli has a room near it!" 

- Mao, Zhou! -Funyun yelled. - Get her! 

Two treasure hoarders jumped out of the bushes and started running after her. (Y/N)'s eyes widened and she ran even faster. Her legs were a bit stiff from being in bed so much time and her heart was beating so fast, she felt it would burst out of her chest. 

She ran down a staircase towards Wangsheng Funeral Parlour and the two men jumped straight from the railing to block her way. She squealed and ran the opposite way, running through the most deserted alleys in Liyue Harbor. 

"Where am I going?!" She thought desperately. 

She suddenly tripped and one of the men seized her by the abdomen and pulled her into him, putting one arm around her neck, reducing the amount of air she could breathe.

- Your father didn't lie. -he said with a raspy voice. - You sure are a beauty. 

- Let me go, you brainless ruffian! - (Y/N) shouted. 

- Fancy words don't do anything against us, girlie. - the other said, tilting her head up with a knife. 

- Let me go! - she shouted again. 

The men took the opportunity of having her immobilised to tie her hands and feet together.

- Your daddy promised us your hand if we captured you, so behave. - said one of the men.

- I'd rather marry Osial, you filthy hipocryte! - she yelled.

The man slapped her, but she kept looking at him defiantly. Suddenly an arrow fell besides them and the man's grip on her tightened, making her choke. 

- Hey, girlie. Hold still. - a voice said and blood splattered on the ground, freeing her from the man's grip.

The other man took a knife and prepared himself for a fight. (Y/N) looked up and saw a ginger-haired young man, holding a bow. 

- Hey, ginger! Go away if you want to live! - the man's voice trembled.

- You okay, girlie? - the ginger said and (Y/N) nodded. - Good.

He looked at the treasure hoarder, who was shaking and said:

- I say the same, comrade. - he pointed his bow at the treasure hoarder. - Scram!

The treasure hoarder fainted.

- Huh? - (Y/N) raised an eyebrow. - So much for a treasure hoarder...

The ginger guy extended his hand towards her and she took it to get up. His blue eyes bored into hers and he smirked.

- You didn't answer my question. - he said.

- Oh, yes, I'm okay. - she smiled. - Wait! Baizhu! We've got to go get him!!

- Don't worry, your boyfriend's alright. - he chuckled.

- He's not my boyfriend. - sighed (Y/N).

- You wish he were. - the guy stuck his tongue.

- Shut up, uhh...!- (Y/N) started and found she didn't know the man's name.

- The name's Childe. - he said. - You must be (Y/N), girlie.

- Stop calling me girlie, small adult. - (Y/N) frowned. 

- It's Childe, with an 'e', dumbass. - he teased.

- Shut up, ginger. - snapped (Y/N)

Childe laughed and looked at her. He put an arm round her shoulders, helping her stand.

- You look very weak, let me help you. - he said and she sighed and reluctantly nodded. 

The two of them walked towards the place where Baizhu should be and there he was, covered in blood, on his knees with Zhongli's shield surrounding him. Zhongli was standing behind him, holding his polearm, watching Funyun running away, clutching his side. 

- Childe, did you find her? - asked Zhongli, turning to see the pair.

- Sure did. - Childe smiled.

- Baizhu! - (Y/N) whispered and kneeled next to Baizhu, putting her hand on the small of his back. - Are you okay?!

- I'm fine, are you okay? - Baizhu asked.

- I'm okay, thanks to Childe. 

-Anytime, girlie. - Childe smirked and winked. 

- Actually, I'd prefer getting killed now. - (Y/N) said darkly, eyeing Childe with mock apprehension.

- Oh, come on! - Childe whined. - Am I that ugly!?

-Yes. - (Y/N) said and Zhongli looked away, turning his snort into a small cough.

Childe gasped dramatically and mockingly sulked, crossing his arms and looking away. Baizhu chuckled and took (Y/N)'s hand. 

- I'm glad you're okay.

(Y/N) smiled at him and helped him up, letting him lean on her. Suddenly her face went serious.

- You're so reckless! You could've died! - she said sternly.

- In case you didn't notice, they were going after you, (Y/N). - said Baizhu bitterly. - And you don't look unharmed. They choked you, didn't they?

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow.

- And how do you know?

- You've got marks on your neck. - he said.

(Y/N) sighed. 

- And you've got blood on your clothes. - she said and took off the jacket he had lended her earlier. - Let's go home, we need to rest.

(A/N) Hey guysss, I started a Neuvillette x Reader fanfict. Check it out if you're interested!