From the Future

Florian's POV

All of a sudden, Koraidon stopped so fast that I ended up getting thrown forward onto the ground, just barely avoiding hitting my head.

"Woah! Koraidon!" I winced in pain as my knee hit a sharp pebble on the pathway. "What's wrong?"

He was looking up at the crater, not paying attention to me.

"Hey!"

Koraidon looked back at me, realizing that I was on the ground, and quickly ran over to pick me up. He gave such an apologetic expression that I couldn't be mad at him for throwing him off.

"What's wrong? Is there something there?" I patted his head, looking up at the crater with him.
He let out a worrisome reptilian bark toward the crater, looking back at me.
"Okay, let's go to Mesagoza first, okay?" I climbed back onto his back. "We'll go straight there afterward."

Something in my sentence must've propelled him, because he started sprinting so fast that I nearly fell off him again. "E-Easy!"

He jumped incredibly high, deploying the wing flips on his head, and we glided to the school staircase with ease. As soon as he landed, he ran up the stairs faster than I'd ever see him run before.

He really must've felt something there, huh?

Arven was standing next to the gates, and his eyes widened as he saw Koraidon and I running full speed towards him. "Woah! Slow down! You're not that late!"

"Sorry!" Koraidon tried to break as much as he could, but he did it so abruptly that I ended up getting thrown off his back again.

"Ow..." I dusted off some dirt on my hat.

"Are you okay?!" Arven rushed toward me and pulled me up.

"I'm fine," Koraidon sulked over with his head down and his tail curled up. I pat his head again as a sign of forgiveness. "He's just anxious to go somewhere after this."

"Oh, I shouldn't keep you waiting, then," Arven put his hands on his hips. "I need a lot of your time for what we're going to do."

"You sure you don't need help now?"

"Yeah, go ahead. Where are you guys going?"

All of a sudden, Juliana bursted through the doors wearing some kind of earbuds. "Florian! Can I borrow Koraidon for a moment?" She was out of breath, looking like she'd just been running. Koraidon perked his head up at hearing his name mentioned.

"Can this wait? He's kinda anxious to get-"

"I need to go to Area Zero. ASAP." She walked over to Koraidon, who seemed to be curious about what she was wearing in her ears. "Please. It's an emergency."

Nemona and Penny came through the doors shortly after, both of them (although Nemona, not so much) out of breath as well.

"Hey...! Juliana...!" Penny said in between breaths. "I saw you running down the stairs with that Translator on... you... need to charge it! The battery doesn't last-" She was interrupted by Koraidon head-butting her in the back. "Augh! N-Not you again!"

"I was just running because I saw you and Penny running!" Nemona said, wearing one of her goofy smiles.

"Seriously?" Arven shook his head.

Juliana looked back at me. "Please. Can we go? I'll explain on the way."

I nodded. "Koraidon and I were about to head there anyway."

"Wait, you heard the voice too?" she asked, taking a fast step toward me.

"N-No, Koraidon just... really wanted to go there all of a sudden—Wait, what voice?"