Prologue

"Arielle wake up we're going to be late for the tour!" My best friend Rita woke me up.

After graduating high school we decided to take a gap year and now we're going travelling. At the moment we're in New York because Rita is obsessed with the tragic love story of the two most famous historical figures.

Their names were Anastasia and Elijah. And their love caused many wars that still happen to this day.

And now we're going to the huge Palace they used to live in , it was damn expensive and hard to get a tour but you can see Anastasias diary and her dresses , jewellery and portraits of her and Elijah , apparently in his time he was called the heartless Emperor.

I was never that interested to be quite honest but I'm just here for my best friend because I also never paid attention in history when they were being talked about.

"Damn it we came in a pretty busy time but wow it's so beautiful." Rita looked around the palace in amazement, it was so cute. "We need to find someone named Leah she's giving the tour." She continued.

"You must be Rita." A blonde hair lady came up to us. "Yes and this is Arielle who I brung." She smiled bringing me forward. "Nice to meet you two my name is Leah and I will b-" She froze when she looked at me.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Is something wrong?" I chuckled nervously. "..no please follow me." She cleared her voice.

She first showed us to the dining room where they would eat..well 500 years ago. I looked around and there was three other tours going on at the same time.

"Isn't this exciting Arielle! We are literally in the same place Elijah and Anastasia were in." Rita grinned touching the table. "Oh sorry I forgot to mention your not allowed to touch anything inside the ropes." Leah pointed to the ropes.

"Oh sorry." Rita said embarrassed. A while later she showed us to Anastasias bedroom and I started to get a headache but I didn't want to ruin Ritas experience so I didn't say anything,

"Imagine having a room like this. I would be in here like all the time damnnn." Rita said. "According to the diary Anastasia slept in this bedroom for two months until his Majesty had requested her to sleep with him." Leah said fixing flowers.

"At what point did Elijah fall in love with her? Does it say?" I asked Leah as the three of us walked down a large very nice hallway. "Since we got the story from her perspective we do not know but Anastasia started falling for him I think after three months. When he really started changing for her." Leah smiled.

"Their love story is so heart warming I love everything about it." She continued and Rita nodded in agreement but then suddenly we stopped at the end of the hallway.

"And here's the portraits." Leah said and I looked up at two ridiculously large portraits. "Holy shit Elijah is hot as fuck." I said looking at his face but then I started getting another headache. I squeezed my eyes shut and took a deep breath.

"He is. Isn't he? One of the villagers diary was found from his time and it says that Elijah was the most handsome man they had ever seen." Leah giggled.

"What do you think Rita?" I looked at her but she was still , looking at Anastasias portrait. "Rita?" I said then she looked at me. "You...look like her." She pointed to the portrait.

I looked at it and my eyes widened. "I actually thought the same but I thought I was crazy." Leah said. I squinted my eyes at Anastasias face and I really did look like her , our facial features were exactly the same, it was only our colour hair that was different.

"Weird. What a coincidence." I said. "Nothings a coincidence." Rita said and then I couldn't help but wince at my headache.

"Arielle?" Rita quickly rushed and held my limp body. "Call nine one one!" Was the last thing I heard before completely seeing black.