a Kingdom pt.2

The neighbouring countries in the east of Floare were known for their frequent and accurate use of magic.
The communities originating from Ultramist and the Democratic Republic of Mages were scattered all around the country, some working for their own account, mostly illegally, some others under the patronage of the crown.

Magic had, for a long time, been viewed as gender specific, as girls showed signs of magic very easily. Only girls got to study it. Now we know that magic can be learnt by anyone regardless of gender and hereditary linage. Exposure to magic after the development of intellect causes entities to absorb it and learn to control it in a particular way.

Somewhere near Silvestro, a small village near the eastern forest, lived a beautiful and young sorcerer.
Her name was Vince and she was commissioned by the king to work for the village. She had come from the Democratic Republic of mages with her brother to seak work that would put their knowledge to good use. She had been sent to a territory close to the border of her homeland, but she didn't mind much as very few people usually came looking for her aside from the town's folks.

Her brother Margault however, worked alone, further from the forest. His research revolved mostly around tangible sciences, even though his understanding of magic was much better than anyone else's.