||Chapter 10||

The atmosphere was deathly silent

The atmosphere was deathly silent. Everyone hurriedly vacated the living area at the mere mention of Reyansh's arrival. Samaya was the first to hide, darting into their
room. Ranveer followed suit, only to find his wife cocooned in blankets. His jaw clenched with anger as he swiftly uncovered her, prompting her to scream.

"AHHH....REYANSH BETA...MUJHE MAT MAAROOO....."

Ranveer looked bewildered as Samaya opened her eyes, realizing it was him. "Ugh, it's just you...get off..."

Ignoring her protests, Ranveer yanked her out of bed and began to scold her.

"What were you thinking, Samaya? Were you even in your senses? Who knows what Reyansh will do."

Samaya wriggled out of his grasp. "So what if I lied? It was for his own good."

"You made him fight with his wife, Samaya. How is that good for him?" Ranveer retorted.

Samaya smirked evilly. "She'll be out of his life and this house." Ranveer stared at her in shock, realizing the depth of her ruthlessness.

"Why do you despise that innocent girl? What has she ever done to you?" he questioned.

Samaya glared back. "Have you forgotten, Ranveer? Her sister, that middle-class girl, betrayed us, and your 'innocent' girl married Reyansh, siding with them. That middle-class girl disrespected me and maa ji. Tiya's daughter should have been in her place."

Ranveer's laugh was bitter. "So this is your plan."

Samaya stood her ground. "Yes, and I believe Lekha is far better than that insolent girl."

Ranveer looked at her with pity. "You're digging your own grave, Samaya."

"Danger! 🔔🔔🔔🔔... Danger..."

Samaya and Ranveer exchanged alarmed glances upon hearing the loud alarm.

"It's Reyansh," Ranveer whispered fearfully, while Samaya nervously clutched her saree.

Reyansh always activated the alarm if someone one deceived him or if he is angry on someone. 

Samaya understood the reason for the alarm and braced herself to face the consequences with her deceitful tongue and facade.

10 minutes before

Gulping the last glass of whiskey, Reyash threw the glass to the floor. He tied his bloodied palm angrily with a bandage thinking of his grandmother and Samya. 

Reyansh climbed down the stairs faster towards his parent's room. He was about to step in but a voice from behind halted him.

"STOP RIGHT THERE REYANSH." Reyansh closed his eyes in anger. That was Nandini, his mother and he can't lose his control. 

"Maa, I need to see her." He demanded softly without turning to see her. 

Nandini stood in front of him and taunted. "Why ?. To make her panic attack even worse."