Nine

Hasekura, Kirishima, Sakuragi, and Yaeka made their way toward the hospital. Hasekura wanted to hold the Little Lady in a way to comfort her but she wasn't sure. Yaeka was already nervous seeing her mother, but she didn't want to cry again seeing her in her comatose state.

"Hey, sis, guess who's come to visit you?" Kanami asked her sister once the doors opened.

Yaeka slowly walked in. Her mouth flew open in shock seeing her mother lying in the hospital bed like that. Oxygen mask over her mouth, tubes sticking out of her mother's arms. The only sound in the room was the heart monitor.

"Hi, Mommy," Yaeka breathed. "I'm sorry, I didn't understand how hard you've been fighting." With each word, the Little Lady's voice quivered. She tried to hold back her tears but it was difficult for her to. "I should have come to visit you sooner. I'm sorry for saying I didn't know you." She held her hand. "I want to know you better, so after you've defeated God once you come back to us...tell me everything, ok? And I'll tell you all sorts of stuff you don't know about me either. I promise I won't leave anything out. So, please, don't lose." Yaeka kissed the back of her hand. "I love you."

Sakuragi and Kanami were lost for words. Kanami had to cover her mouth and choked back a sob. "You see that?" she asked. "She's grown up so much."

Sakuragi nodded. "Yeah."

They're both gonna burst into tears any second, Kirishima thought. He was surprised Hasekura hadn't said anything. He looked toward her to see her fist clenching against her sides while she bit her lip.

"Kirishima?" Yaeka called out. "The gift?"

Kirishima broke from his daze and opened the small gift bag. "Oh, yeah. Right here." He smiled as he got the rolled-up paper out. "What did you end up drawing, Little Lady?"

"I wanted her to always have someone cheering her on, so I drew a picture of all of us."

When Yaeka unraveled her picture Hasekura wanted to cry. Yaeka did draw everyone: Sakuragi, Kanami, Sugihara, Kirishima, and Hasekura. There was an extra face that no one knew about, yet. Below Hasekura and Kirishima was a drawing of a baby. Hasekura's breathing hitched while glancing at Kirishima.

"Hey, whose baby is that, Little Lady?" Kirishima couldn't help but wonder.

"Yours and Hasekura's." Sakuragi, Kanami, and Hasekura started to panic. "My daddy said you two have been dating for a long time. So...I wanted Mommy to see you guys together. Maybe if she wakes up, she could be there to see the baby."

"Little Lady -" Hasekura started. She was panicking because she assumed Kirishima would figure out she was pregnant right now.

To her surprise, Kirishima smiled at her, "So, what should we name our baby then?" There was a little ring in the back of Hasekura's mind. Everything seemed to have disappeared, only leaving her and Kirishima in the room. He was knelt on one knee while lovingly gazing up at her. Hasekura felt her heart beating erratically. Her cheeks grew warm while staring at him.

That was when Hasekura started to feel overwhelmed. She wanted to blame her hormones because she was crying. Hasekura did her best to hold it in, but Kirishima looking at her like that made her feel some sort of way she couldn't explain. Kirishima's eyes widened seeing her cry. Hasekura quickly ran out of the room.

"Hasekura!" Sakuragi shouted while Kirishima immediately went after her.

Yaeka looked at Sakuragi in worry. "Did I do something wrong?"

Sakuragi exhaled. "No, you didn't."

"Hina is having a hard time telling Kirishima," Kanami informed the little lady. "That's all."