"slow speed corners. that's it. i'm losing time there. the w13 had trouble in the high speed ones, you inverted the issue instead of balancing." she said reaching for a small pack of chocolate to get energy back.

"elaborate?" marcus said, not because he didn't know but because he needed specific descriptions of how it felt for the driver.

"the braking is ten times harder in low speed corners, the rest is on the smoother side, but the weight of the turn is awful, i lose a lot of time there." she said, simulating the pedals with her hands as she frowned in concentration.

"thank you for sacrificing a practice for this tali." marcus said as he nodded in understanding.

"it's for the team, not just for me. this will help bring better results, so if i don't finish in the top 10 during a practice, so be it." she said with finality and pride.

"go cool down, kid. we need you ready for quali." marcus said, patting her shoulder before calling up a mechanic.

------

the half french girl was currently in her camper stretching on the narrow hall of the camper as she placed the phone on speaker to call her dad.

7 o'clock for her was 9 am for him.

"coucou, papa." the girl said as she pulled her head towards the ground when her dad picked up.

"bonjour." her dad said ever so formally, making her roll her eyes fondly.

"ça va?" the girl asked her father as she changed positions to a different stretch.

"on my way to the office. i had to get in a bit later today." he said, and now that he mentioned it, she could lightly hear the wind getting inside the car, since she knew he would use the a/c until he really, really, seriously needed it.

"you got to sleep a bit more today then?" she asked with underlying intentions. maybe he had woken up earlier to see her practice. knowing him, he just ignored the practice as always.

"not really, the tv was really loud in your brother's room, i went to tell him to lower the volume and sat and watched instead." he said as she started walking towards the motorhome, making her halt in her step, gaining attention.

"you watched my practice?" her voice cracked and her eyes glazed over. she didn't notice charles walking in her direction or the cameras on her.

"yes." he said with a shaky voice. "i felt ready. i was worried about my princess, but i wasn't scared for your safety." he said softly and by this point tali had let a few tears fall, making charles walk faster once he noticed.

"really?" she asked in disbelief.

"yeah, lia. and if it's okay with you, i'd like to try going to a race with you this year." he said, and even though tali couldn't see, she could feel his smile through the phone.

"yeah, yeah, of course. god, dad, this is the best thing you've ever said to me. is monaco okay with you?" she asked excitedly.

"yeah, mon coeur, it's fine." he chuckled. "i'm at the office now. i have to go. be careful, je t'aime." he said.

"je t'aime." she said and hung up.

"what's wrong, mon ange?" charles asked worriedly. she just lounged herself at him and hugged him tightly.

now, charles adored tali to a level so extreme, most people wouldn't believe it. he would never, ever, ever refuse a hug from her. he held her head with a hand as her head laid against his shoulder, his other arm wrapped around her upper back.

the mexican-french had been muttering something that was muffled by the monegasque's shoulder.

"what was that?" the ferrari driver asked, pulling away.

"he's going to monaco with me, charlie. my dad is coming to my race." she said with tears forming in her eyes once again.

"that's amazing, tali." he said excitedly. truth be told, he was over the moon for her. she never expressed it but her dad not going to her races hurt her deeply and seeing her so excited about this made him happy.

"i have to go to the motorhome now. i have to let the team know i'll have someone over in monaco." she said after fully pulling away from the man.

"see you around, tali." charles said, going on his own way.

------

"you seem happy." tania said as she walked towards her and toto.

"that's because i am." she said, smiling brightly.

"why's that?" a voice asked from behind her.

"ah!" she screamed in surprise making them chuckle.

"sorry." Elias said, not looking remotely sorry.

"you're not. but it's fine." she said, shaking her head with a smile.

"as i was saying," she continued. "my favorite person in the whole world is coming to the monaco grand prix."

"really?" toto and elias asked with different undertones that everyone noticed but her.

"who?" toto asked with great interest.

"my dad." tali sighed happily.

"really?!" tania asked with surprise.

"mhm." tali said as she nodded enthusiastically.

"that's awesome tali." toto said with a smile.

"i could run as fast as a formula car with how happy i am." she said with the now permanent smile on her face.

well, maybe she didn't run, but she did drive very fast.

tali rodriguez was starting her second race in formula one in 4th position.

she was so happy, she felt on cloud nine. her father was feeling ready to watch motorsport for the first time in almost ten years and he would go to a race for her, to watch her race.

she really loved her dad and she loved that he was healing.

nini speaks !

new chapter, took a bit longer because of a little writer's block, plus schoolwork.

dyscalculia is a thing and i have it. this is how i experience it personally, if any of you has it, know that it's okay and that it doesn't matter. your worth doesn't waver. i love you guys.

let me know what you think!

don't forget to vote and comment!

love, nini

xoxo