Old madam Lin who stepped out of the house to go and find trouble with Zhang Xiaohui heard the rumours and her entire vision turned woozy. If not for Lin Yunxi who was next to her, the old woman would have fallen to the ground and broken her spine... No wonder, No wonder that girl ran away like that she knew that with Xing Bengt around she and her child would live a proper life but with him facing execution how will he be able to give her a comfortable life?

" That slut!" shouted Old madam Lin as soon as her world stopped moving and she was able to stand up straight. The more she thought about it the angry she became, at first she thought that no matter what even if the money was lost, it will be spent on her grandchild but now that she knew that the kid didn't even belong to her son, she felt as if someone was cutting a part of her heart along with her flesh.

So much money! All went to a bastard's tummy!

She was so angry that she wished that An Xia's womb would get torn and ripped apart by a bunch of dogs!

" Grandma, are we going to bring mother back now?" asked Lin Yunxi her expression was even nastier. She was sixteen and yet such nonsense regarding her family was floating around already. What was she going to do now?

" Going, of course, we are going." gritted old madam Lin. " One bitch ran away so what? The other one is still here!"

To think that two women ripped her family off one after the other!

***************************

Chapter 542 Get out!  

" Zhang Xiaohui, get out of your hiding hole right now!"

Su Wan was happily snuggling with Lin Yan when she was woken up by a loud and unpleasant voice that sounded like hundreds of crows were cawing at once, she blinked her eyes and slowly sat up straight, as she looked around the room with an unhappy face. What was that? Who was screaming like a dying dog, so early in the morning?

" Zhang Xiaohui! Why are you hiding like a dead rat in the house? Get out here!"

Lin Yan who was sleeping beside Su Wan could no longer ignore the loud and annoying sound that was coming from the front door and woke up with a frown. He had many plans regarding what he was going to do after consummating his wedding night with Su Wan but whatever he had in mind this wasn't it, he slowly blinked away the sleepiness of his eyes and then sat up straight as he glanced at Su Wan before he picked up his clothes and sternly spoke to her, " Don't come out yet, I will go and take a look first. You stay here."

Just last night, Lin Yunxi and Lin Che came here to bring Zhang Xiaohui back to their house—— Even though they had no idea what An Xia did to the Lin family, after seeing their desperate attempts to bring Zhang Xiaohui back to their family, Lin Yan could more or less understand the situation of the old Lin family. Most probably they were robbed by An Xia before she ran away from the village, with no baking and no money a woman, Especially a widow would never try to run away. An Xia must have taken whatever she could from the Lin family and perhaps that was why the old Lin family was bent on bringing Zhang Xiaohui back since she still had fifteen taels in her hands.

Lin Yan knew his grandmother and knew what a petty miser and a greedy woman she was—— that old woman would definitely not sit still until she got her hands on the money that she had to fork out to pay Zhang Xiaohui for her dowry.

Though what Old grandma Lin had in her mind was completely wrong, in the end, she was now as broke as the village beggar. She wouldn't let go of the matter that easily.

Su Wan rolled her eyes and picked her clothes up as well before she started dressing up. She wasn't made of glass and she could definitely take on that old woman no matter what condition she was in——