3

Chapter 21 - Me What Me ?

" You - You .." Grandma Lin looked over at the sharp tongued Su Wan and Lin Chen , these two were seriously well matched . Inwardly she kept thinking about how this couple was daring enough to retort her .

" You , You , Me what ? " snapped Su Wan she was a woman in her thirties by soul and she also had the experience of dealing with rude customers and dealers in her restaurant as well as the black market , even in the modern world nobody dared to talk back to her . Who ever tried to mess with her , she made it sure nothing good happened to that person " If all you can do is stutter than don't go around randomly barking and biting other people like a mad dog because of you , your family broke my family's newly brought tea cup ! I haven't gotten even with you regarding it , yet you shamelessly tried to make my husbands carry the black pot of your debt upon their head ? Don't you know what shame is or did you all swallowed it and gulped it down as well along with your meals . " ​​

As all the words flowed out of Su Wan like a rapid fire gun , everyone in the Lin family along with the onlookers only had one thought in mind ' This Su Wan/ wife of theirs was really fierce ' .

Su Wan was vaguely aware of all the stares that were coming in her direction but she didn't faltered in her speech at all . She was very familiar with people like Grandma Lin and her family , if you give them an inch they will make sure to create a ruckus loud enough to grab a mile .

When she was in her twenties and ferried her barbecue cart around the small town , she met loads of people like Grandma Lin and her family. At that time , she and Wang Tao were newly married and her newly wedded husband had a scholarly aura which made him look weak and frail , when Su Wan married him , she was truly good to him and thus she couldn't bear to have Wang Tao help her around in her bbq stall that's why she worked alone day and night , cycling to all the famous fast food places of the town and selling her special bbq .

Barbecue was a much sorted option for people who liked to get drunk at night and liked to have a proper meal together while they drink , which meant that Su Wan mostly worked at night instead of day while the earnings were good , she met a lot of crooked people as well during that time .

Her husband never set foot outside and even if he did, Wang Tao thought that fighting with drunken men was beneath his dignity as an educated and refined man , which further led to the point where some people started to believe that she was easy to bully and started to bully her .

There was one time where someone tried to blackmail her by claiming that his stomach started hurting after eating her barbecue and he even demanded that Su Wan gave him and his family a free pass to eat at her stall for a life time , he even shamelessly asked for a thousand yuan for his medical expenses .

Su Wan naturally didn't want to give it to him but Wang Tao who thought of himself as some prodigal son , took out a thousand yuan and threw at the man screaming that they no longer wanted such a customer in their stall .

The man who tried to blackmail her then took away the money and even started to slander her stall just because Su Wan didn't let him eat for free and even barred him from sitting anywhere near her stall .

Because Wang Tao gave that man a thousand yuan not only many customers believed that there was something wrong with her food but some even started to follow the man's steps and started blackmailing her for money .

After withstanding for a while , Su Wan could no longer hold on to her good temper and soon started screaming and scolding those who came to blackmail her . When Wang Tao saw her acting like a shrew he retreated back to their natal apartment and even started to distance himself from her , Su Wan who pampered Wang Tao to heaven felt that she was the one in the wrong and that no man would like his wife leaving the house at night. Thus , she gave up selling her bbq at night and only worked at morning and noon but after a while there was shortage of money and Wang Tao naturally became even more unhappy , he wanted Su Wan to stay at home but at the same time he wanted money to live a comfortable life , in the end his greed won over his male ego and he asked Su Wan to start selling her bbq at night .