10 ✧ Mine

Y/N POV

"You sure nothing's suspicious?" Blade put our tracking devices back on, I was lucky he destroyed the listening ones that Kafka planted on me, or silver wolf would've heard me — us.

We didn't go all the way in the middle of the mission, I don't want my first time with Blade , (if we ever do sleep together) to be rushed. But I did help him out in uhm, other ways.

"Don't worry." He fixed his clothes as he assured me, his voice calmer than it was a few minutes ago , shaky and raspy. "Silver Wolf's screen would only show that we're at the same location for a while, there's two paths so she probably thinks we're debating which to choose"

Although that assured me, I know of her loyalty to Kafka, so I don't know if she would snitch.

I paused in my tracks.

What about my loyalty to Kafka?

The one I swore quite some time ago? What's happening to that? I mean, it's not like I've gone against her wishes, I'm still carrying out her mission and doing whatever she expects of me.

But I am ignoring the fact, the suspicion that she knows something about me that I don't.
To me that doesn't matter right now because she saved me. The 3 of them did so I'll do whatever they say.

But what am I to do when Blade asks me to oppose Kafka?

It was Kafka's idea to rescue me.
But Blade's hand was the first I held, in a long long time.

Though I was dirty and my appearance was repulsive when they found me, he didn't judge me, he extended his hand and accepted me.
He understood me.

I was intimidated by him at first, but I don't really see a reason to now, he makes me feel safe and accepted.

✦•┈๑⋅⋯ ⋯⋅๑┈•✦

Kafka peeked through a crack, she was in the ceiling and the general right below her, all she had to do was wait for y/n and Blade and the plan would move onto his next step. She examined the spacious room, a couple of guards, probably 10 more than usual, and Fu Xuan was there too.

And as soon as she saw the red dot of light touch Jing Yuan's forehead, she jumped down, cracked the ceiling , and injured all the soldiers protecting Jing Yuan.

"One step and ill shoot him" y/n spoke right in queue , the red light coming from her sniper, she was upside down on the ceiling and would shoot at any minute, all the guards froze, unsure of what to do.

But the general remained calm, despite the fact that the love of his life aimed a sniper between his eyes.

She won't shoot me

He thought.

Blade opened the doors, leaving a trail of injured guards outside the entrance, the guards indoors pointed their weapons at him, but with one swift circular motion, he decapitated them.

Kafka mentally rolled her eyes, she didn't want the room to stink of blood, but it was too late now. She looked at Blade then at y/n, they both were blood thirsty, Kafka was sure the pair had killed a couple of guards on their way here and their adrenaline was high. Good.

"My darling please put the weapon down" Jing Yuan got up from his chair, but y/n's aim followed him, not taking the sniper off him for a split second.

Kafka smirked, proud of y/n.
Blade smiled to himself, satisfaction that y/n wasn't giving in to Jing Yuan.

"You wouldn't want to hurt your first love now would you?"

"Fuck are you talking about" she spat "I've never been in love, don't let your last words be a lie before I shoot your brains out"

Despite her threats, he chuckled.

"You can threaten me all you want my dove, but at this moment, I can say with confidence that I know you better than you know yourself"

"Cocky bastard" she fired the gun, the bullet hitting the wall next to him "that's a warning. Keep talking and I'll kill you"

From the corner of her eye, y/n swore she saw Kafka's shoulders drop as she sighed in relief. What was Kafka worked up about? It was rare enough to see her show distaste, but to be relieved about something? That's something y/n didn't expect.

And Blade noticed it too, but avoided any eye contact with y/n.

She started to feel uneasy.

She looked over at Kafka, no eye contact either.

She screamed so Silver wolf could hear her through Kafka's device, asking why Blade and Kafka are avoiding her eyes after Jing Yuan's statement, but she didn't respond.

"Miss Kafka" y/n's voice was firm, unlike the puppy like voice that Kafka was used to hearing, however, there was no hint of anger in y/n's tone "What's going on?"

Kafka walked over , standing in the middle of the room, many weapons pointed at her but she didn't care, even if Fu Xuan was following close right behind her, Kafka didn't bat an eye.

"Shoot him" Kafka ordered "shoot the general y/n darling and the mission will be successful"

Y/n's stomach turned, and she wasn't exactly sure why. But nevertheless, she nodded and prepared herself. The guards along with Fu Xuan all aimed for y/n, while Blade and Kafka protected her, she aimed her sniper between the eyes of the general.

"Fu Xuan." Was all the general said, and before y/n knew it, everything went black, she fell from the spot in the ceiling she was camping at, directly into Blade's arms.

Shock took over him for one second, before anger took over completely, he held her close in his arms but before he could speak, Jing Yuan rushed over and took her from him.

Blade's heart stung.

The way he embraced her, the way he looked at her so lovingly, the way she fit so well into his arms.

He realised he was jealous.

That was his girl, not Jing Yuan's.

"I may not be a good man" Blade gripped onto his weapon "I came to terms with that a long time ago. That's why I don't care if it's wrong for me to have her, she's mine."

"No" Jing Yuan's voice remained calm "And when she wakes up..."

He looked around the room, his eyes locking on Kafka who was now tied to a pillar in the room. Fu Xuan really didn't like that woman.

"She will know everything you all did to her." He hugged her unconscious body tightly "All the lies all the manipulation, she won't trust any of you again"

He smiled to himself before walking away

"She will choose me Blade, not you."