Touch of Destruction

Meet the family

Rayne:

“RAY-RAY!” My brother screams in my ear causing me to shoot up in my bed fully awake. I look around frantic expecting someone ready to kill us all but all I see is my crazy brother in standing there with his signature smirk.

I glare at him while Bethany laughs her dead self into hysteria. “Not funny.” I mumble getting out of bed and walking over to my dresser putting my long black hair into a pony tail, ignoring my older brother in the process.

“Oh come on Ray-ray! You know you can’t be mad at me!” he says running behind me and starts to tickle me. If there’s one thing I don’t like more than that nickname he gave me, its tickling because I’m forced to smile and laugh and I can hardly breathe and there’s nothing I can do about it because of how ticklish I am. Dammit.

“S-stop!” I yell through all the laughing. “PLEASE!”

“Say that I’m the most amazing vampire ever!” He commands stopping for a moment to let me say it.

“NEVER!” I yell pushing him off me with all my strength and running at vampire speed down stairs and towards dad. He’s always on my side. “You will say it!” my crazy brother says running into the parlor.

“Daddy protect me!” I scream ducking behind the all-powerful king of the vampire world.

“You kids and your games.” He says sighing and looking up from his book.

“Chrissy was tickling me again.” I explain to dad and chris glares at me. Just as much as I hate my nickname, he hates his.

Dad rolls his eyes and sighs again looking at chris and saying “Chris stop tickling your sister.”

I stick my tongue out at him as he glares at me making me laugh. “Yes father.” He grumbles.

I kiss my dad on the cheek and give him the fake smile that I know he loves, and walk out of the room and back up the many stairs that there is and into my room. There I see Bethany dancing around my room humming the beautiful lullaby of hers; she never really told me where she heard it from being secretive is one of her specialties.

“Having fun there?” I ask her making her jump in surprise.

“You sacred me!” she tells glaring slightly.

I shrug going to my wardrobe and sigh. “You know every time you look in your closet you sigh right?”

I nod and walk into the huge closet. It’s all dresses, a princess is not supposed to just wear jeans and a t-shirt, we are supposed to look proper at all times, which is horrible. And about 90% of it is corsets, not that we need to breath or anything but it still is uncomfortable.

I went with a simple white summer dress and very light tan combat boots to wear later. But for now I wear a tank top and sliders.

“So what do you want to do today?” she asks and I look at her pointedly. Sighing she says “I know I know you don’t like to go out but come on! I haven’t seen the world in ages! Show those vampires how we can be! Well you…”

“They think I’m weird.” I tell her quietly as I brush my hair.

“They don’t understand you rayne. You can see a whole other world that they can’t and it scares them.” Beth says sitting down next to me.

“We can go shopping if you want…” I tell her giving in as I usually do.

“YAY!” She says and goes into my closet for something to wear. She can change her outfit anytime that she wants to, all beth has to do is think of the outfit she wants and it will change.