→CHAPTER twelve←

Start from the beginning

♪Now Playing♪:
Do I Wanna Know? , Arctic Monkeys

The car ride home was filled with tension. Ray kept shifting in his seat uncomfortably. It seemed to him that his friend was unbothered as he texted on the phone. At every red light, Ray would secretly shift his eyes onto his phone, watching the male's long fingers tap away. It made the emerald-eyed male's stomach churn. He didn't know what it was, but he felt upset.

He wanted, needed to know who he was talking to. Was it one of those whores he'd link up with? The bleached-haired boy thought he was way better than those hoes. Ray couldn't speak for himself, as every other month he'd bring a girl home and fuck her dumb. When the girl tried texting him the day after, she'd find herself blocked. Ray didn't know why he did it, but he just needed a break. He was frustrated with himself. Distracting himself with cigarettes and sex wasn't helping. Over the past several months, every time he'd look at the [H/c] male, his face would grow warmer. His palms would grow sweaty, and he hated it.

He's known him for a long time, so why does he get so nervous all of a sudden? Was it the drugs that were making him anxious? Ray bit his lip in anger. What was her name; Bianca? Brooke? Whatever the whore's name was, Ray knew she was the [E/c]-boy's favorite bitch to fuck.

The crazy part was, was that she has the same fucking features he did: Blonde hair, green eyes, and a hella good body. What did she have that he didn't? He had blond hair—minus the bleaching factor—green eyes, and a sexy body. It was like looking in a damn mirror! The only thing was,

He was a guy.

He didn't want him to leave, and truth be told, he didn't know why. He didn't know why every time his roommate would come out of the shower, his body would react in a way it shouldn't. He didn't understand why his chest would feel weird when the man would accidentally touch his hands. He couldn't fathom why his lips would turn upwards whenever he'd see the man do something worth calling adorable. His features kept Ray awake most nights. He just couldn't get him out his head, and best believe he had no idea why.

Ray swerved into the parking lot of his apartment complex. He instantly opened the car door and slammed it shut. Walking into the entrance of the building, he didn't look back as he felt his lips tremble. He didn't bother to wait for his roommate as he clicked the elevator button to his floor. The universe was on his side as the doors opened instantly. He walked in and turned around. After a couple seconds, his [H/c]-haired roommate walked in. Ray shifted his body a couple inches away from him. He clenched his fists when the face he couldn't bear to look away from turned to him.

"The fuck is up with you?"

"Nothing."

"Oh so now you're shutting me out again-"

"You wanna talk about shutting out? Let's talk about how you randomly show up at my car on the side of the fuckin' road askin' me to stay at my place 'nd I let you stay for how many fuckin' months now and I still know nothin' 'bout you!? Matter of fact you still never told me whether you have a sister or brother!"

The [E/c] male opened his mouth but got cut off when Ray pinned him to the wall. Ray was only two inches shorter than his roommate. The [H/c] male was 6'0 (182 cm).

His [E/c] eyes widened, looking slightly down at Ray's green irises. He took a minute to study Ray's upset face. His bleached brows furred just like his nice-looking lips. He looked back into his green eyes, unaware that he was even looking at Ray's lips.