Divorced

(Art credit to  art_by_andy02 on tumbler)

           My name is Catherine of Agagon. I was married to Henery for 24 years. I was a paragon of royalty and a loyal member of the church. Here's my story that sums up the 24 years.
_______________________________________

          This dreary old castle reminds me of my late husband. Henery's brother, to be exact. He dies of an illness, the love of my life. I've been married to Henery for a few years now. At first, he was a pretty ehhhh okay husband. Nothing like his brother, but I was still there when I needed a shoulder to cry on.
          That is, he was anyway. After about a year, he wanted us to start trying for a child. Eventually, in 1516, I gave birth to a beautiful daughter who we then named Mary. A sweet girl, a daddy's girl, though. I got to see my baby girl every day, and I held her most days until she could walk. We would walk around the garden and have lovely tea time.
          As time was when , in the castle, though, it felt to grow colder. Not the good kind, though. The kind when you know a storm is brewing and doesn't look good for anyone. As this storm put me on edge, I grew distant with my daughter. This was when she started to act more like her father. In all honesty, it terrified me. She never wanted to go on walks, have tea in the garden, or even talk to ke about anything important. It broke my heart.
          She was only 11 when all of this started. And when she grew distant, so did my husband. I hadn't done anything wrong. I'd listen to Henery go off all night on what irritated him and just in general, put up with his crap. Could I catch a break? That's all I want.
          My first husband dies, I marry his brother, he demands a child, we have a beautiful girl yet she loves her father more than she respects me.
          As I've roamed the cold, dead halls, I notice my dear husband has been spending time with this pretty young thing. I heard from the servants her name is Ann. I've heard things about her. Not great things. I'm sure Henery will get tired of her as he has with me and several other prideless women. But my daughter has taken a liking to her it seems.
          I went from seeing that Bolyn girl every so often to all the time. It was almost as she lived here. Hrnery and I started to argue more often these days. I think we were both tired, he would throw Mary to the side as she grew older, more and more even. I hated seeing her heart break bit by bit as she experienced broken promises and being forgotten by the man she idolized, so much even to the point of calling another woman her mother, only referring to me as my royal title as the queen.
          As I said about Ann Bolyn though. Turns out I spoke to soon,  and before I knew it, she was moved into the room next to mine. Right here in the queens wing of the castle. After 20 years of marrage, I guess this is what he believes I deserve.