1

Rome is a beautiful city, it has always been and I admire everything about it since I've moved here from California. It was a big change but the program for Ballet here was amazing and it wasn't as if I had much choice, either way I rarely ever think about how my life would be like if we had stayed over there. The only thing I wonder is how my life would be if one thing I had done differently, everyone I meet I tell them this and they seem to find it disheartening telling me "focus on the future, forget the past.", and as much as I would love to it's just more difficult than that.

As I'm walking home I try to pay attention to my surroundings but the music playing in my ears always distracts me, but it's basically ritual to ur my headphones in while I walk home. As I'm crossing the bridge I don't fail to notice the Milligans one of my neighbors show up with two kids, eventually I realize that these were the kids they had wanted to adopted. Formally Anna had told us she had wanted to adopt one kid but I'm guessing someone else sparked their eye, I wonder if they would be going to school tomorrow.

If they are I hope them the best, cause the school system is just as messed up as any other thing here in Italy. I watch as they all head inside their home and I start to feel like a stalker so I just look away before they catch me staring if they turn to the corner of the street. Continuing my walk home I realize that I have school the next day, and considering that practice has been going overtime I would have to catch up on homework over the weekend I sigh once the realization hit me.
Once I'm home I set my bag on the ground right next to the stairs and walk into the kitchen where my mother sits scrolling lazily on her phone, my father in the living room watching something that I find to make no sense; American Football. I walk over to my mama and si5 right Infront of her, "how was school Autumn?" She questions, "it was fine, I have to work on my science project but I don't get assigned partners until tomorrow", I sigh, as I complain to her that every partner I get never does any work.

After I walk up stairs and into my habitat also known as my room, I sit on my bed and contemplate wether faking sick is an option for tomorrow, cause gods know that I can barely handle anymore school. As I get ready for bed I see the light of the Milligan's late sons bedroom and I feel my heart jump out of my chest, their son was special Like no other especially to his girlfriend, after the news of his passing she couldn't move on no one could really, it was odd to find out they were looking to adopt what was weirder eas the other day Asia came over to talk about how they were replacing him. Complaining the whole day I tried to calm her down, I believe she's just still hurting I mean who wouldn't he was her entire world. Having that taken away is something that will be with you forever.

My room always was able to see that window, and this time someone new is in that room; a boy who doesn't look far much older or younger .than me. He looks like he can be in the same year as me, for a while I feel myself space out but to my surprise I see a girl as-well in the room and they are looking far too cozy that I avert my eyes immediately. Well that was something, guessing by 5hat I guess they know each other very well. Bod that was weird I need to stop being to curious, as they always say "curiosity kills the cat" and I feel like roadkill.

———

The next day I wake up earlier than I anticipated, getting ready before school and eating breakfast while falling asleep. I feel my mom slap the back of my head making me whine, and give her a look of judgement in return she just laughs at me; "let's go before your late" she says, "and wipe that look of your face before it gets stuck like that". I just roll my eyes and head for my bag, slinging it over my shoulder and making my way towards the car;as I buckle my seat I pop In my headphones and play shuffle on my playlist.

As we make our way to school, I feel myself dread today like I know something will happen today, what an odd and surprising feeling as I get out the car my mom pulls on my bag, "your walking home today me and your father won't be home until tomorrow morning", I say okay and start heading inside, automatically looking for my friend Billie she's talking to the new girl.

As I head behind them get decide to just walk to class instead "Goodmorning Ms Grace", Mr Kirill says, I mumble bag a good morning and wonder how in the work he has so much energy. Sitting in my usual seat I spot Billie coming nearer to my desk with the new girl, "Hi autumn", Billie says, "this is nica she's new here so be nice!" I look at her and shoot her a look "I'm nerved mean Billie." I turn to Nica "Hi Nica I'm Autumn." I extend my hand to her in which she shakes.  We all continue talking when we here screams, everyone runs out the classroom, to find two students fighting. One being that pompous bitch Phelps and the other being the new kid.

"Is your name Rigel Wilde." I hear Mr Kirill say as the boy nods, as we're walking away Rigel comes behind Nica to whisper something making her mood turn sour, he eventually makes eye contact with me before walking away. Well you know atleast he beat up Phelps!