IIVV - It's In The Evidence

Începe de la început

"Jesus Jeffory! Can't you back me up just this once!?"

Hank pleaded with his old friend,

Fowler shook his head sadly.

"Theres nothing I can do... you're both back on homicide."

He looked at Connor,

"And the android returns to Cyberlife."

"No-" I had to sallow my words.

Hank stood on my foot to try get me to shut up in time. Thankfully Fowler either didn't notice... or didn't care.

"...I'm sorry Hank. Detective Grey. But it's over." The Captain said with a sorrowful look in his eyes.

Hank looked from Fowler to me to Connor, his eyes lingering on our android partner... before he stormed out of the Captains office.

"Hank..." I quickly followed after him, looking at Connor over my shoulder to tell him to follow.

I stood behind Hank when Hank sat down at his desk, my hand on his shoulder.

Connor sat down on Hank's table... he seemed more... human. The way he sat. The way he leaned forward to be closer to Hank and I.

"We can't just give up like that! I know we can solve this case!"

Connor said with passion,

Hank turned to look at me then Connor with a sigh.

"So you're going back to Cyberlife?"

Hank asked... my heart dropped. I tried to ignore it in the captains office but now...

I chewed the inside of my lip, trying to stop that horrible feeling that was creeping up on me.

"I have no choice... I'll be... deactivated and analysed to find out why I failed..."

Connor said sadly, looking at me. That feeling again... bile made its way up my throat and I thought I might just throw up then and there.

All I could think of was my brother... this reminded me of him. I'd failed Connor and now... now he was going to die.

"What if we're on the wrong side?" Hank said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What if we're fighting against people who just want to be free..?" Hank said, a new spark in his eyes I hadn't seen in a long time...

"When the deviants rise up, there will be chaos. We could've stopped it!... but now it's too late."

Connor replied sadly.

Everyone paused for a moment.

"... when you refused to kill that android at Kamski's place... you put yourself in her shoes. You showed empathy, Connor. Empathy's a human emotion."

Hank said, giving a gentle smile to Connor.

"I don't know why I did it..."

Connor said, his brows furrowed. His words sowed with confusion and doubt in himself.

"I know it... hasn't always been easy. But I want you to know I really appreciated working with you. Both of you."

Connors eyes flickered from Hank to me...

"And that's not just my social relations program talking, I really mean that... atleast I think I do..."

Connor said.

Hank smiled softly at him and that sick feeling eased if only slightly...

Just then, someone we all recognised walked through the stations doors.