Chapter 7

As Lilith was finishing up work at about 6 pm, her phone started ringing. She picked it up, wondering who it was.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Lilith Clawthorne?"

".. Yes?"

"This is ****** daycare center, we still have Ellie"

"I'm sorry!?.. Where's my sister?"

"She never showed up, and Ellie is very upset"

"O-okay, I il be right there"

Lilith hung up and rushed out of her office to her car. While on her way to pick up Ellie she called Eda multiple times, and every time it went straight to voicemail. She was worried sick because there was no way Eda would just not show up.

Lilith walked into the classroom and saw Ellie crying on the carpet while sucking on her pacifier. "Ms. Clawthorne, thank you for coming," the teacher said, as Lilith picked up Ellie. "Of course.. Did.. You hear anything from my sister?" Lilith asked. The teacher shook her head no. Ellies crying stayed consistent, as Lilith went back to her car.

The drive was quiet, except for Lilith repeatedly calling as phone and it kept going straight to voice mail. Lilith brought Ellie back to her house and set her down on the couch. Lilith has taken care of Ellie for a few hours, but never overnight, mainly because Eda wasn't ready for it. "Are you hungry, sweetie?" Lilith asked while stroking her hair. Ellie shook her head no and laid down while continuing to suck on her pacifier.
"Well.. Y-you do actually have to eat something" Lilith said, realizing she shouldn't have given Ellie a choice. Ellie again shook her head no, and tried to shrink away. Lilith sighed and decided to leave it alone for now. Lilith didn't really have a room in her house for a toddler and hoped Eda would call her panicking thinking had been kidnapped or something, but that didn't happen, and Ellie slept in Lilith's guest room that night.

During the night, Raine noticed Eda never came to work, which was sort of a relief because she deserved a break. However, they wished she called them, just so they could check on her later. However, when they texted her, she never replied, they tried calling her, and again no reply. They started to get worried but kept telling themselves she was just asleep or busy with Ellie. However, their mind never settled, they couldn't help but worry if she was okay.

Raine decided to see if maybe she just snuck by them, and went to her dressing room. Before they could knock the beard glass shattered. "FUCKING DAMNIT TERRY!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE DIDN'T EVEN COME!?" Vivian screamed. "I mean, she didn't show up, that's what I just said" Terry replied. Raine decided to listen in quietly. "THAT WHORE BETTER SHOW UP IL FUCKING KILL HER" Vivian screamed, as she threw something else made of glass. As Raine could hear the glass shatter again. "Maybe she didn't come because she's scared of you, you assaulted her, and hit her" Terry suggested, his voice sounding emotionless. Raine gasped. Vivian.. Hits her?.. "I don't give a flying fuck!! That bitch is on a contract! And that dumb as bartender is already making it easier for her!" Vivian yelled again, "Oh, that's nice.. " Terry muttered. Another glass shattered. "NOT NICE YOU IDIOT!!! NOW GO FIND THAT PATHETIC LITTLE BITCH AND BRING HER HERE!" Raine couldn't believe what they heard, they were about to back up before Terry opened the door and saw them. Terry looked back at Vivian, then motioned for Raine to leave, and they did.

After their shift, they went over to her house and knocked on the door. There was no answer. Raine tried to call her again, but it went straight to voicemail like every other call. "Come on.. Eda just give something.. " they pleaded to themselves, but still nothing. They put their phones in their pocket and slowly walked away from her house, and to their own.

3 days have now passed and Eda has not been In contact with anyone. Lilith used the extra meet to Eda's house to get Ellie what she needed. Ellie was still very upset and hadn't spoken since being picked up from daycare the first time. All while Lilith was panicking, and freaking out because she knows Eda would never just leave out of the blue. That's when suddenly her phone started ringing and it was a number for a hospital.

"Uh.. Hello?"

"Hello! Is this Lilith Clawthorne?"

".. Yes?"

"We have your sister in the hospital... "

"WHAT-.. i-is she alive..?"

"I-im.. I'm so sorry" 

".. What do you mean?!.. Is she alive or not!?"

"I'm.. Sorry for your loss"

Lilith dropped her phone, as her heart sank to her stomach.  Could it be true, was she really dead?  She then felt Ellie tugging on her pants.  "Autie lily.. When's mama coming back?"    Her heart couldn't handle all of this at once. Proven because tears started flooding her eyes, as she desperately tried to clear them. "S-she.. Uhm.. " Lilith muttered. How could she tell this innocent little girl her mother just died. Especially after believing eda abandoned her for 3 days.   "Your mama.. She.. Uhm.. Went to.. " as Lilith tried to think of an excuse, she looked at what Ellie was watching on TV. 

Some type of fighting co flict going on between Fairies and? Mermaids. "She.. Went to.. Help the fairies..against the mermaids"  Ellie's eyes lit up. "Really!?.. Is mama a secret fairy!?" Ellie beamed.  Lilith finally cleared her eyes of the tears, able to pull herself together for a few minutes, and kneeled down to Ellie. "Mhm.. Your mama.. Is a very special fairy.. Ina  very special place called heaven.. "   Lilith replied, even admitting it hurt like hell. 

This wasn't supposed to happen, she.. She wanted to end edas suffering st her job, give her a chance to not be assaulted everyday. She didn't deserve it. Though.. In a way, she could finally catch up on sleep.

This is the end

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

This is the end.. Of Edalyn's Sorrow.

A/n: she never had a chance from the start.

Edalyn's Lament рдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ