Chapter 1: The Boy in the Iceberg

{~A Hundred Years Later~}

  Kenshin Himura has been in slumber for a long time like someone else in the cold Ice Bergs. He has been atoning his crime of killing with swords to assassinate many spies. When there was a boat accident he drown and froze in time until one day he met two Water Tribers who brought him to their homes and try to get him back on his feet.

It took a while to adjust the life he has now and trying to stay warm.

In the present he was helping the two Water tribe kids to fish some for their grandmother. He was just emotionless as always and just stare at the blue sky thinking of how much has he missed for the last one hundred years.

Sokka, a teenage boy, and his younger sister, Katara, a teenage girl, are sitting in the boat; Sokka holds a spear at the ready, while Katara simply stares into the water on the other side of the boat. The shot cuts to an overhead view, revealing that a fish is swimming close to the surface right in front of Sokka, who is focused on it, following its every movement.

"Sokka It's not getting away from me this time." Katara  said.

"Watch and learn, Katara. This is how you catch a fish." Sokka as he grins confidently over his shoulder in the direction of Katara.

Kenshin watched Sokka until he heard a sight come from now behind. Looking forward again he could see Katara take of her glove and start to bend the water making a small bubble with a fish float above the still water.

Her expression changes to surprise; as the shot jumps behind her, looking down into the water over her shoulder, another fish quickly swims by her, close to where she sits. She shoots a quick glance toward her brother, removing the glove from her left hand. She stretches her arm out in the direction of the fish, taking a deep breath. Her look is a mixture of concentration and apprehension as she starts making a wavy motion with her wrist, moving her hand up and down.

The shot widens out; Sokka, still focused wholly on the fish in front of him, is completely unaware of what is happening behind his back. As Katara continues to move her hand, the water in front of Katara, just in front of the shot, starts to ripple. Suddenly, a bubble of water rises up from the ocean containing the newly trapped fish.

Katara was happily surprised. "Sokka, look! Sokka!"

"Sshh! Katara, you're going to scare it away. " Sokka whispering. A look of bliss adorns his face. He licks his lips and wiggles his fingers, not taking his eyes off the fish. " Mmmm ... I can already smell it cookin'."

"But Sokka I caught one!" Katara directed the bubble closer to Sokka so he could see but when she did Sokka raised his spear making the bubble burst and soak him while the fish jumped back in the water.

"Hey, why is it that every time you play whit magic water I get soaked"

"It's not magic it's water bending ans it's-"

"Yeah yeah it's an ancient art unique to our couture bla bla bla, look I'm just saying if I had weird powers I would keep my weirdness to myself."

"Your calling me weird I'm not the one that make mussels at myself every time I see the reflection in the water."

Kenshin chuckles a bit.

Near the end of her response, Katara smiles smugly at her brother; as the shot cuts to him, he is flexing at his reflection in the water and grinning confidently. His happy look vanishes upon hearing his sister's remark and he turns around slowly, meaning to face her. Before he can say anything, however, the canoe suddenly shudders. As they both try to keep from falling over, Sokka whirls around toward his end of the canoe, a frantic look on his face.