-1-

Annop POV

As I stroll through the campus grounds, the gentle breeze of spring caresses my skin, carrying with it the sweet scent of blooming flowers. The warmth of the sun kisses my cheeks, and I can't help but smile as I bask in its golden glow. Trust me , Spring is the best season. Just enough warmth and Just enough cold breeze to keep it refreshing. Not like the summer season that blazes my skin or the winter that froze my soul. My glance fell on the couple that sat on the bench messing with my view of cherry blossoms. I snickered , they were lovey dovey in the freaking morning. Well , I guess love is in the air for this season. Yet , I couldn't just pass by , Looking at their hands and the threads attached to those I sighed mumbling ' There are not even connected to each other. Plus , the girl seems to be tied to some other guy. They will break up soon '.

I'm able to see that darn red string of fate. I don't know exactly why it's just me with this curse while others call it a gift. I could see it ever since I turned 10 , I was confused. My parents thought it's another child's play still they encouraged me saying that one day the love of my life would show up and I will end up marrying them. As a child , I wasn't aware of the consequences , the strings brings to one's life. Like a curious kid , I asked my parents " Why is mama's thread cut off and papa's thread connected to somebody else..? ". Things went awry , A short while later , Dad had this women moved in with him , divorced my mom and kicked us out of the house. I took a glance , Dad's red string of fate was tied to that women. I felt guilty and betrayed. 

I still blame myself for those care-less words I uttered as a child. I witnesses couples who weren't connected by the red string break up right before my eyes. My parents too were no different. They were destined to separate. I help up my hand , glancing at the emptiness , mumbling ' Why me...? In this world of 13.8 billion people...Why me..? '.

I felt someone tapping my shoulder , it was Yuki. she greeted me asking ' Hey Annop...How are you ? '. I smiled at her , not the honey dripping one cause it would make obvious that I like her , but a cheerful one , as I was happy to see her. I nodded and asked ' Oii Yuki , Are your lectures over ? '. she nodded and waved at me yelling ' I've got to run some some errands , So you can go ahead of me. Let's meet later at the club meeting '. I stood there smiling like an idiot waving back at her , Wondering " It would  been so nice if she had also fallen for me. I've nurtured one-sided feelings for her for the last two years. She hasn't found her soulmate either.  Wish I had the power to figure out where my string is .... "

My phone vibrated indicating a notification regarding the schedule change in the lecture sessions. Something felt wrong , my hands felt heavy and I sensed a tug on my pinkie. I slowly glanced at the string on my hands. It was connected to someone. It went straight , my mind became exhilarated as it screamed ' Isn't it the direction Yuki went a few minutes ago?.... By any chance...'

My heart thumped up and down in excitement  as I made a few steps in that path. There stood someone , I tilted my head to see a MAN...?

-x-

AN : 1k ( 20 may ) 💜 Hope this story makes you smile 🌊