12

Rose had a blade that was bloody. Rose began to sob. The blood dripped onto the ground. There were bloody lines on her thighs and wrists. She was breathing heavily.

She slowly went to the tub, she turned the water on and she went in. The water slowly began turning red.

She sat in the tub for a while. She slowly got out of the tub, she let the water drain and she walked into her room.

She changed into some pants and an oversized long sleeve shirt. Rose didn't really remember what happened last night. Nor knew how she was still alive.

She sat on her bed and began drawing on herself. Kate then walked in. "Rose." She called out to her.

Rose turned her head towards her. "What?" She said back and looked back at her hand.

"I'm sending you to a mental institution." Kate said sternly and her eyes widened.

"What?!" Rose said and stopped drawing on her hand.

"I just can't..I mean you tried to kill yourself last night. Rose you need help."

"No I don't!! I'm perfectly fine!! I can't just leave miles?! Do you not know how that'll affect me?!"

"Rose I'm sorry. I'll get him to visit you everyday but for now you are being sent. Whether you like it or not."

Rose just stared at her in disappointment. "I hate you." She said coldly while shedding a tear.

Kate stared at her in disbelief before walking out of the room. Rose just sat on her bed and began sobbing her eyes out.

Rose hugged a pillow and sobbed in it.

She heard the door creek open. "Who is it..?" Rose said in a shaky tone.

"Miles."

Rose turned around and she met face to face with miles.

She sniffled. Miles wiped away rose's tears. "What's wrong with you?" Miles questioned her.

"Kate is sending me to a mental institution." Rose said while more tears kept falling.

Miles just stared at me and furrowed his eyebrows. "I'll be back."

She nodded and watched miles walk out of her room.

-

"What the hell is wrong with you??" Miles said to Kate while walking up to her.

"Miles what do you mean?" Kate questioned miles.

"A mental institution? Are you fucking kidding me??"

"Miles you need to understand she's mental and she needs help."

"You're not so sane yourself Kate."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, you're not so sane yourself." He repeated.

"You're taking away one of the people I care about most over her almost killing herself. Yes it's bad but damnit Kate you can't just do whatever the fuck you want with her."

"I am her mother."

"Not her real one."

"I'm still her mother!! She is in my custody."

"We'll see how long that lasts."

Kate then froze.

Miles rolled his eyes before walking off.

"Wait, miles what do you mean?"

Miles didn't respond and kept walking.

"Miles!!"

Miles went upstairs. He walked to rose's room and opened the door. "Rose."

Rose looked at him. Miles walked towards her and sat down at the end of the bed.

Rose sat up and scooted towards him.

Miles looked at her. "While you're gone..I'm gonna make Kate's life a living hell."

"Miles no. You don't have to do that."

"But I want too."

Rose stared down at the ground. So did miles. They both were silent.

Rose laid her head on his shoulder. "I'm gonna miss you.."

Miles just stared at her. "I'm gonna miss you too."

585 words