Arthur looked up at Florence, having never expected to see her again. She had changed, he could see that, because the Florence he had known six years ago would've been visibly destroyed at the sight of John's lifeless body. Inside she was falling apart, but she had taught herself not to let that be seen, much like Tommy.

Esme pulled away from Tommy, "Leave me with him, you've spoken to him, now it's my turn."

"Arthur," Tommy gestured to his brother, as Arthur followed him out of the room, Florence close behind.

"No peace for any of you," Esme called out as the three of them walked away, "Ever."

The three of them made their way back out into the empty corridor, neither of them could conjure up words that felt good enough.

Arthur rubbed his eyes, offering Florence a half smile, "It's good to see you, Floss," He wrapped his arms around her, a shell of his former self who would've torn his way through the entire hospital by now.

"I'm so sorry, Arthur," Florence whispered as she held onto him.

"I'm going to go see Linda, that's my wife, and my little boy, Billy, I'm a proper family man now Floss," Arthur told her, and it was completely obvious that he was struggling to compose himself.

No one had called her Floss since she'd left Small Heath those six years ago, it felt so foreign yet so familiar to hear that name again, it was like coming home.

"I'm glad, Arthur," Florence squeezed his hand before letting him go.

"Arthur," Tommy called out from behind Florence, causing his brother to turn and face him, he thought about asking Arthur to stay, but deep down he knew it wasn't what he needed, "Look after yourself."

"I will, Tom," He nodded before walking down the corridor and eventually disappearing around the corridor.

Florence hesitated, because she knew that losing John would be destroying Tommy on the inside, he just wouldn't show it. She turned around and looked up at him, the light she once admired in his eyes was gone, he was helpless.

She walked towards him and wrapped her arms around him without a word, clinging to him as though he might disappear if she let go. Tommy hesitated, still unsure of where they stood given their history, he held his hands out, not wanting to overstep, "Florence, I don't think-"

"Would you just shut up and let me make sure that you're alright?" Florence muttered, feeling him place his hands on her waist, his heartbeat increasing as she held onto him.

"You should go back to the kids," Tommy told her as he pulled away, keeping his eyes on anything except Florence's, "Elijah will be wondering where you are, it's not fair to keep a man from his wife after he's been away for so long."

"They'll be alright for a little longer, Vinnie can hold his own, I'm more worried about you," Florence told him as they slowly began walking down the corridor towards the exit that opened out onto a small courtyard.

"You're worried about me?" Tommy asked, glancing at her.

"Your brother was just killed by the Italian mafia, of course I'm worried about you," Florence sighed, "I know you've never been one to talk about this sort of thing, but just let someone in, please."

"I'd rather talk about anything except what's going on in my head," Tommy muttered as they made their way out into the small courtyard, the cool air nipping at their skin, "I'd rather you distract me."

"How?" Florence asked as they sat on a tired wooden bench, their hands accidentally brushing momentarily.

"You're colder than you once were," Tommy sighed.