2. Welcome back!

The Poddar family was completely shaken by the sight of seeing their bahu completely unconscious and collapsed in the hands of their son, Rohit Poddar who was presumed dead. The whole melodrama started as Vidya crying hysterically, rushed towards their son. Roohi was placed on the sofa as all the family members covered Rohit, hugging and crying and expressing their surprise, complaints and anger. She was still in shock, her whole head was buzzing and she was not able to comprehend the scene infront of her completely. She was still trying to understand the whole scenario when the family pulled her into their group hug, everybody cheering as their family was complete. Roohi slowly turned her gaze towards the person standing near the flower - vase which she was decorating. Abhira stood there, smiling at the family while tears gleamed in her eyes. Roohi tried to welcome her, as she spread her hands towards the girl. But she was blocked by Kiara and Charu who hugged her and started to tease her. 

Roohi slowly turned to face Armaan. It felt as if he was the one radiating the happiness, as if he was the source of happiness and others were only getting a part of that feeling. Yet, the awkwardness was evident on his face. He was nervous when he was patting his brother on his back. She recalled how she spoke to him the day her husband left her, how she claimed to know what was running in her husband's mind, how she understood the pain Rohit was facing and how Armaan said that he understood him the best, how he cannot be hurt. Now, it felt as if Armaan believed what she burst out that day. And he was worried how his brother might react on the whole scenario. 

Slowly they all broke apart, with the family planning all kinds of activities for the upcoming hours, days, months and years. Rohit slowly excused himself from the crowd, in the name of freshening up. As he walked to the stairs, he slowly glanced at Roohi. A look she knew. A look which meant they were having 'the talk' now. She made up the excuse of tiredness while the cousins teased her, she slowly walked behind her husband. Worried for what might come up.

-------

Rohit gazed at their room. It was beautifully maintained. More lovely than how he had left it. The presence of a woman had surely made the room more cozy, welcoming and lovely. The woman whom he mentioned, walked into the room, closing the door behind her. He felt her gaze, tearing up the skin behind his neck. He slowly rubbed his neck and turned to see her, much different than how he had left.

She was adorned in a light blue anarkali suit, with minimal makeup. She had worn her normal cosmetics, a small pendant necklace, his engagement ring was worn as a bracelet on her hand. She wore a small bindi and had applied a little kohl in her eyes. She was attractive and beautiful as always. But something had changed about her eyes. Her eyes now had lost the sparkle of hope, love and happiness. Something he saw only once. When they went to Goenka house after their wedding. Before all he could see in her eyes was hollowness but now all he could see was the endless sea of sorrows and pain. Why was she in so much pain? He wondered.

"Roohi, do you want to rest? " - Rohit asked trying to spark up a conversation. Her eyes lit up for a second. She shook her head, indicating no. They both stood in the silence for sometime after which Roohi sighed. A sigh of defeat. Of disappointment.

"Your clothes are kept in the left side of shelf. I will bring towel for you. Soap and other things are kept in the bathroom itself. Your perfume and other things are on the makeup table. Call me if needed. I will be downstairs. Ma might be making a feast for you. So, you better be ready fast. I will send Krish upstairs after sometime, till that time you can rest." Roohi recited. Rohit looked at her puzzled. She was annoyed and angry for some reason. Is it because of his arrival? He wondered.

As Roohi was about to storm out of the room, Rohit pulled her close to him, something which he never dared to do. She gulped as she fell on to his chest, his touch sending out fire on her whole body. She stood up, too close to him her eyes scanning his face. His eyes was fixed on her eyes, they were in an awkward position where they didn't know if they should be impulsive or be matured. To be impulsive, meant to be intimate with each other, forgetting everything that happened, to give into the moment they were sharing. To be matured, meant to break apart from this position, to talk about the past and future and to wait for another passionate moment. While Rohit chose to be mature, Roohi on the other hand decided to test the waters. She slowly moved close in, destroying the space between them. Their faces inches apart, she placed her hand on his chest. "You knew..." She whispered. 

"Bhaiya - Bhabhi........... Omgggggggg" The whole moment was ruined by the cousins gang who entered without any warning, witnessing the whole scene. While Rohit looked shocked, Roohi broke apart from his grip, backed off and completely fell onto the bed. The cousins all took an about turn as they realised the ongoing scenario. Rohit shot glares at them, before helping Roohi get on her feet, muttering- " Still clumsy?" She turned her head towards the cousins and cleared her throat. They turned ready to tease the couple who were completely flustered. 

"Woh Bhaiya, Vidya Tai Ji asked us to check whether Bhabhi was fine. But I guess you both are EXTRA fine..." Krish teased them while the other giggled. 

"I need to fresh up..... Agar aap logon ki permission ho toh jaavun?" Rohit asked glaring at them while they continued to giggle. 

As Rohit was about to escape the scene, he whispered in Roohi's ear - "We need to Talk!"

She gulped as he went. She turned red-faced to the cousins and stammered - "Woh...Woh...Jaise....Main....Woh". They all raised their hands and left smiling.

Roohi felt her emotions betray her as she remembered the intensity in his eyes. She nervously tapped her fingers on her lips, worried about their upcoming talk.

----------

The story is set just after Akshara's birthday celebration. That means Roohi has not got any idea about Abhira's feelings or anything. 

How was the chapter? Kindly vote.