Ella's Mission: A Suspicious Response

When Ella saw Malton City,  her head swam as childhood memories came flooding back. She pulled over as her motorcycle's built in pup-pad started ringing.

"Hello, Heather. What's up "Ella asks.

"I forgot to tell you that I'm still at the same house. How close are you?" Heather replies.

"I just reached the city, I'll be there in about ten minutes." Ella replies." See you soon!"

They hang up and Ella gets back on the road. 

Ten minutes later, Ella is parking at Heather's house.  As soon as she hops off her motorcycle,  Heather bursts out her door and runs to Ella.

"Hi!! I can't believe you're here!!"Heather exclaims before pouncing on Ella.

"Hello Heather! I see you haven't changed." Elle says laughing .

"Nope!" Heather gets off Ella. "It's so good to see you! It's been like 5 years!"

"I know, I'm sorry I didn't call. I've been busy with the Paw Patrol."Ella apologizes.

"It's fine Ella!  I know you're busy."" Heather says brushing off the apology ." You'll have to tell me what your teammates are like. There is so much to catch up on!"

They laugh and head inside the house to get Ella settled in.

After getting Ella settled in the guest bedroom, they grab a snack of some pup treats and sit down to talk.

"So, what do you do for a living these days. Because I'm assuming you don't have an owner and you have to be able to pay the bills". Ella says, only to get puzzled as Heather looks away and bites her lip.

"I ....can't tell you what I do" Heather says reluctantly.

"What do you mean?" Ella asks now worried." Why can't you tell me??"

"Because... look, all you need to know is that what I work for an organization of sorts that is essentially the Paw Patrol but on an international level and much more secretive." Heather explains." That's all I'm able to tell you. It's more complicated than that though, I assure you."

Ella just stares at her with a worried and confused expression.

"Trust me on this, okay?" Heather pleads as she starts to tear up." I wish I could tell you, I honestly do!!"

"It's okay Heather. I trust you." Ella replies, putting a paw on Heather's shoulder." It's just that, with a recent event that has happened, I don't know if the other's will."

"What happened?" Heather asks, worry now filling her voice.

Ella takes a deep breath.

"We just signed an agreement with some empire named Caltonia." Ella says.

Heather's blood freezes.

"O-okay, never heard of them."Heather stutters, before getting distracted by a phone ringing in the next room." Let me get that."

Heather leaves to go take the call, leaving Ella confused.

"Heather's lying, I know her too well to not know that. But why?"Ella asks herself before seeing Heather walk back into the room.

"That was my boss. There's an issue I have to go help with." Heather says as she heads to the door." Call me if you need anything!"

"Wait! Heather!!!" Ella yells but is to late because Heather hops on her motorcycle and drives off, leaving Ella stunned, confused, and worried.